Compile Error - BlynkBlink example

Windows 10, Arduino Uno, and Arduino 1.6.6: trying to compile the “BlynkBlink” example included in the File|Examples|Blynk|GettingStarted|BlynkBlink menu of Arduino, I get the following compile error:

Arduino: 1.6.6 Hourly Build 2015/09/21 04:01 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Users\Carter\Downloads\arduino-nightly-windows\arduino-nightly\libraries\Ethernet\src\Dns.cpp: In member function ‘int DNSClient::inet_aton(const char*, IPAddress&)’:

C:\Users\Carter\Downloads\arduino-nightly-windows\arduino-nightly\libraries\Ethernet\src\Dns.cpp:65:13: error: ‘address’ was not declared in this scope

while (*address)

^

exit status 1
Error compiling.

I am able to ping my arduino with ethernet shield from a terminal so I know the network recognizes the arduino.
My Blynk Library is located at:
C:\Users\Carter\Downloads\arduino-nightly-windows\arduino-nightly\libraries\blynk-library-master
Any help appreciated.

This is not Blynk library error. Seems like you using some Arduino libraries that are under development. Please try to download stable Arduino IDE and libraries.

Solved! Uninstalling the arduino daily build and reinstalling the stable arduino program fixed the compile error. Thanks!
Great support.

1 Like