Clarification regarding broadcasting (Sending info - i.e. GPS - to multiple App users)

We are trying to obtain the GPS location using node mcu. Is it possible to broadcast the GPS coordinates to multiple persons using multiple auth tokens embedded in the program

Yes, take a look at Bridge.

You can send it out as many other Blynk connected devices’ as you like – and as easily as making a VirtualWrite.

Thank you dear Jamin

@Madhu can you clarify that it’s GPS specifically that you are enquiring about and are you looking to use the GPS Stream widget? The GPS Stream widget, as opposed to a GPS device hooked up to a MCU, is using the coordinates of each Smartphone rather than the coordinates of the MCU.

The MCU and Smartphone may or may not be located in the same location.

As @Jamin states it is easy to share data between MCU’s but you have to recognise what the GPS Stream widget is providing and whether you are trying to track people (Smartphones), MCU’s or both.

Thank you dear for your response. I want design a project in which a GPS module is attached to mcu. I just want to update the location of my mcu to multiple persons using their auth tokens embedded in the program that was installed in the mcu. It’s not necessary to locate the persons.

If by multiple persons, you mean each has their own hardware device that they link up to with their own App, then that sounds like Bridge would work just fine then… in fact you could directly control a map widget for each user.

bridge1.virtualWrite(Vx, pointIndex, lat, lon, "value");  // Update Map widget on Bridged device 1
bridge2.virtualWrite(Vx, pointIndex, lat, lon, "value");  // Update Map widget on Bridged device 2
bridge3.virtualWrite(Vx, pointIndex, lat, lon, "value");  // Update Map widget on Bridged device 3
//  etc...
1 Like

No no multiple persons sharing single hardware

@Madhu thanks for clarifying what you are looking to do.

As far as I know each MCU can only have one “token” and bridge is used for multiple MCU’s.

So I think the way forward for you is to simply share your project amongst your users. All users will see all the data but not be able to modify the project. You as the project creator will be able to modify the project.