Change router

Hi,
My router Asus N66 failed and I replaced it temporarily with Asus N56.
The SSID and password are the same for both.
I have to key in the SSID and password again in order for my notebook and cellphone to work.
Blynk no longer works with the replacement router even though there is no change in SSID, nor password.
I rebooted the router, turn off and on ESP12 and it still does not work. I haven’t tried turning off and on modem.
Does changing channel on the router helps?
Any help or suggestions please.
Thank you.

You shouldn’t need to do that if everything is the same. The SSID is case sensitive (as well as the password of course). Is there any possibility that the new SSID is very slightly different?

Pete.

Hi Pete,
Thanks for sharing.
I checked the sketch and it has a small case p.
I might have keyed in cap P into the router.
I will verify and get back.
Thank you very much.

Just corrected my router SSID.
Some Sonoff devices showed up after correcting SSID but Blynk remains offline.
Help appreciated.
Thanks.

Are you using local or Blynk cloud server?

Pete.

Hi Pete
I’m using Blynk cloud server.
Thanks

When you say:

Do you mean that the devices appear offline in the Blynk app, or that you can’t get the app to connect?

What are you seeing in the serial monitor from your devices?

Pete.

Hi Pete,
I meant the devices appear offline in the Blynk app. The app is connected fine.
Unfortunately, I have hard wired and ‘buried’ the ESP inside a wall so it is extremely difficult to extract it out or connect it to a PC. If there is no other option, then I will have to set up a new ESP.
Thanks.

It shouldn’t be happening like u said. I use my mobile hotspot and router with same config and they work just great with single esp.

Not sure if it will help but you can try changing the wifi channel to 6 from router.

Yes, I will try changing the channel.
Thanks.

I’d doubt if it’s a channel issue.
Are you specifying a particular Static IP address in your sketch? If so, is your current router’s LAN and DHCP settings compatible with the IP address range you’re using?

What happens I’d you use an IP scanning utility on your phone or PC?

Pete.

Hi Pete,
You are right. Changing channel makes no difference.
Now the good news.
I got a new router, Asus 1200G and the ESP came online after I switched it off and on.
So my Blynk is back in business. Thank goodness.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like