Can’t login on the app

I cannot log in via Facebook because there is no more the button in the app.
I tried to reset password but the e-mail does not arrive

Blynk legacy app (but also Blynk and Blynk myPlant) on iOS all up to date. Already tried to reinstall apps and reboot phone
iPhone 12 pro max connected on both working 4G and WiFi.
Cloud server needed.
I don’t think library version and hardware is needed since the problem is app login.

We had to remove logging via Facebook due to some Apple policies.

Please double check that you are using the email used by Facebook.

I’m sure. When I try to log in I recieve the alert “looks like you signed up with facebook. Use the facebook log in button”.
If I try to reset password it goes for “checking…” then “anemail has been sent to your address…” but I didn’t recieve any mail fron the 20-22 times I tried during the day

Just checked the reset password functionality, ant it worked for me. I did have to go to “Spam” folder to find the email.

The message about facebook login is obviously outdated, will be fixed.

I solved! I found out that I have a spam folder, but also (hidden far below) an “undesired mail” (roughly translating from italian, I don’t know how you say it in english😅)
All working now
Thanks

Had the same problem. Was trying to reset my password and had to find it in the spam folder. At least I found the solution here. :+1:

When blynk legacy gonna shutdown? I still using my old acc and worried because i have invest a lot in energy

No estimated date.

1 Like

It’s a pity you didn’t act sooner, as you could have received an additional device in the new Blynk IoT, or a subscription credit if you’d chosen a paid IoT account.

I’d recommend migrating sooner rather than later, as there may be some technical issues to overcome - depending on how complex your existing project is. There are also limits on the number of widgets per template in the various subscription types.

Blynk have said that they’ll aim to give at least 6 months notice before they turn off the legacy servers, but as that announcement will probably be made here then it depends on how frequently you visit this forum. You might also get an email, but they can easily go into your spam folder as they are mailing list emails.

Also, it’s worth bearing in mind that is something unforeseen happens to the legacy servers then Blynk will no doubt make all reasonable efforts to get them back up and running, but their priorities will always be then IoT servers and their paying customers - all of whom are on the new IoT servers, so there could come a point where an early abandonment of the legacy system is the only viable option.

Better to protect yourself by migrating to the IoT system as soon as practical, especially if Blynk is used for something that you consider to be mission critical.

Pete.

1 Like