Can a Win10 PC/C# app interface to Blynk?

I currently have a C# program running on win10 laptop(Local computer) that controls Beckhoff Remote IO(EK/EL series) via Modbus TCP. My C# program(local computer) pub/subs data to HiveMQ via MQTT/Json that goes to another C# program running on win10 laptop(Remote computer) for command/monitoring at a global location.

This works well, but I would like to move the remote portion to be a dashboard in Blynk, so I have global access from my Iphone/ipad and not have to lug around a win10 laptop.

I would no longer have to use HiveMQ and can adjust format as needed (MQTT/Json, API, etc) to communicate with the Blynk Cloud/Dashboard.

Question: Is it possible to have my local win10 computer(with a c# app) communicate(via an api or some method) with Blynk, so I can build a Blynk Dashboard and have global control from my iphone/ipad.

PS. I have searched the Blynk website/FAQ/youtube and didn’t find anything. I’m hoping the edge device can be agnostic to Blynk.

Thanks
Greg

Personally, I’d go down the Node-Red route.
You could run this on your primary Win10 device and either stick with the Hive MQTT or run your own MQTT broker on the same Win10 device.
Node-Red has a Blynk plug-in, and works with MQTT, so would act as the glue to tie everything together.

This is a variation of how I run my home automation system but I use a Pi rather than a windows device.
I also communicate with a Modbus device, an EPEVER solar controller, and I actually do this directly in Node-Red, with a Modbus plugin.

For me, Blynk is simply the UI that can run on a phone or tablet, and now on a desktop machine via the web dashboard with the new Blynk IoT.
My other devices (mostly ESP8266 and ESP32 based boards) just run an MQTT pub/sub client and talk to Node-Red, which acts as my rules engine as well as interfacing with Blynk, my solar controller and other services such as Amazon Alexa.

Pete.

Thanks for the great information Pete! We have a bunch of legacy code that does other stuff using c# on the local computer and so I was first just wondering can c# with the blynk libraries connect? Under getting started(Get started with Blynk in 5 minutes), I see C++, C#, Node-Red, Python, etc, so it seems like it will. Thanks again!

The C# library for Blynk hasn’t been updated for 5 years, so won’t have been updated to be compatible with the current Blynk IoT release.

The C++ library is the only one that gets frequent updates.

Pete.