“BlynkTimer does not name a type” error

Hi
Using the Virtual Pin Example code from the Blynk website, I get this same “‘BlynkTimer’ does not name a type” errror when I select Arduino Mega (with 5100 ethernet), but if I select ESP32 with the same example, it compiles correctly. I am running library ver 0.5.2. Can anyone replicate this?

Hello. Your question belongs in it’s own topic, so I moved it.

The type of board shouldn’t matter, either the library is there or it is not.

Confirm you have a clean install of your library… it is probably as simple as that. If needed, remove the existing folders and reinstall manually as recommended.

Oh, wait… you are also using Cayenne… mixing that with Blynk into your IDE always causes issues.

Hi Gunner
I’ve deleted and reinstalled the current library, and still get this error

Any thoughts?
I am limited to one image per post, so will copy the images into the following posts

Yes… Cayenne uses old version of Blynk library… it is causing conflict. As per every other topic in this forum involving Cayenne, I bet if you remove it Blynk will work just fine.

PS showing your Auth token is not a good idea :slight_smile: someone will enevidably try to blynk your lights for you :smiley: I removed that image.

No not mixing with Cayenne. These are stock standard Blynk examples. My Cayenne sketches are quite separate

If it is installed in the IDE it is mixing :wink: nothing to do with the examples or your sketches. Just search this forum and see for yourself then.

ok on Auth code.

Oh ok. I see what you are saying about the IDE. Yes I do have Cayenne libraries installed as well as Blynk.

Cayenne uses older versions of Blynk’s open sourced Libraries and Server… but Arduino IDE just sees them as the same file names… so with the older Cayenne files mixing with the new Blynk ones, you get conflicts and compiling errors.

Hi Gunner
I’ve deleted the Cayenne libraries and now the Blynk sketches compile correctly - as you said they would. Thanks very much for the guidance. I wouldn’t have even thought to look in community threads for a link between the two platforms.

Your support is much appreciated.

1 Like

Omg, these cayenne peppers can’t even copycat a library. How lame is that? :rofl:

1 Like