BlynkEdgent Based Sketch Cannot Connect to Wifi

Hey Pete,

No nothing weird. Normal template and device names. I’ve tried making a new device template, tried using a pre-existing template and adding a new device, doing full flash wipes using esptool.py in between to make sure nothing is left to cause an issue in flash.

The part that is really confusing me is that I have two devices running that uses this exact same board, with Edgent based sketches that work perfectly, including OTA. But if I try and flash that same sketch onto a “fresh” board of the same design, I get this error. The Blynk library version hasn’t changed either since my last successful flash.

@PeteKnight (sorry for the tag, it didn’t appear to attach this reply correctly and wanted to make sure you saw it)

Problem identified, but not solved.

I recently replaced my phone after it suffered an unfortunate accident being run over by my truck. The phone itself still functioned at a base level but the screen was shattered, the camera shattered and the frame of the phone itself has a visible twist.

My old phone was a Pixel 5, my new phone is a Pixel 7.

As an experiment, I fired up my old phone and attempted to provision one of these Edgent using the Blynk app on my old phone. The process worked flawlessly and the device connected.

So something has changed between the Pixel 5 and the Pixel 7 in a way that breaks the Edgent provisioning process.

Is this something to tag the Blynk Devs in do you think or is it something that I should file a github issue for?

Just too add additional info, both phones are running Android 13 as an OS.

@BlynkAndroidDev one for you to look at?

Pete.

We seem to have fixed the issue. I’m planning tomorrow to upload a 1.7.4 version with a fix to this issue and another one from community reports.

Thanks for looking into this and the quick fix!