Blynk will introduce paid subscription in Q1 2016

you wouldnt want me to contribute :stuck_out_tongue: im about 20 hours in to arduino coding.

Yes, wiring can make a difference, but many people are having the same issues with disconnecting. hopefully we can join together as a community and get it working :smiley:

1 Like

Ask me how long I’ve been messing with that ESP’s. I think I destroyed about 4 in the process, but finally got it working somewhat stable haha.

Anyway, another thought, have you guys got a trial period planned with full access? Something like two or three weeks. It may be a good way to attract people, but they need some time to get things started in a decent manner, so it can’t be 3 days, lol.

1 Like

I’m new to blynk but am amazed how easy it was to get my project going without coding. Thanks to this app I’m streaming data real time with control and feedback with a beautiful interface. I would gladly pay a large up front cost and a subscription if I can get more control over my project with increased widgets and custom scaling of feedback (decimal placement.) I paid $50 for the mobilink app for my home automation, plus a $80 yearly fee. Simple control (formerly Roomie Remote) costs me about the same for my A/V control. I use these services 24/7 These apps are continuously monitored, served, updated, and are an integral part of my connected home. If the exceptional staff at blynk would like to provide the same level of service I’m gladly willing to do my part and pay for that service. Thank you Pavel, and thank your team for me too, you have an excellent product and a service, for which you should receive payment.

1 Like

Sorry Pavel, but I still do not get it.
What do your KS backers get and the ones from Oak who backed $21 (that’s me)? Is that converted into something like 10 months worth of subscription?
And after that, do these widgets in the “full box of widgets” become deactivated? If not, then I would only need to pay a subscription when I see a new widget I like, download it, then cancel the subscription again until another interesting one comes along.
What am I missing here?

2.5 $ это действительно дорого, особенно для Украины. Если это будет так, то мне придется забыть, что есть такой проект как Blynk и решать свои задачи другими способами. Я понимаю вас, что любой труд должен быть оплачен и это правильно. Думаю вам нужно более обдуманно подойти к этому вопросу иначе вы действительно потеряете большинство пользователей и все ваши труды станут напрасны. Здесь звучало много предложений как можно проект перевести в коммерческий. Я думаю, что должна быть фиксированная одноразовая оплата приложения в который входит базовые виджеты, остальные виджеты сделать с единоразовой оплатой, в зависимости от сложности и цена. Плюс покупка за добавление нового проекта. Так же можно сделать лайт и про версию ( с рекламой и без). И т.д…по крайней мере по такому пути идут большинство проектов на плей маркете ( тот же viber, runstatic и т.д., хотя может и не лучший пример, но смысл тот же) Разложите все предложения по полкам, соберите опросник на сайте и проанализируйте ситуацию.

@Ingmar,
You are lucky to be on a Kickstarter train, because you’ll get a free lifetime subscription :wink: Once we start paid services, you’ll get instructions on how to redeem it. We really value those who believed in us and supported on early stage. Thanks.

@spasam
Thanks for your input. This is why we started this topic - to get feedback.
May I please ask you to keep using the same language within one thread. This way others can understand your comments. Thanks.

2 Likes

BTW, we are thinking about providing active Blynkers, those who spread the word about Blynk by posting their projects and tutorials, with a free subscription.

What do you think about that?

5 Likes

I’m game, LOL.

We should start a religion :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I wouldn’t be so active if I didn’t believe in the product and the fact that you guys can deliver what you promised. If you gonna do yearly or half year subscriptions (also a good option I think, keep options open to get a 3 month, 6 month or 1 year subscription with a certain discount? Sounds good to me!) you can extend active Blynkers each half year with a continuation of their free stuff. If they aren’t active revoke it. I think there are possibilities there. Also to keep people active in the community, which usually is kind of a problem.

1 Like

Выскажу свое,чисто субъективное мнение… Зачем платить за то,что можно сделать самому бесплатно? Особенно,если это домашний проект. Любой человек немного понимающий в программировании в состоянии на raspberry поднять php, js и mysql для хранения данных. Удаленная ардуина посредством http-запросов сбрасывает необходимую информацию в базу, так же и сервер отправляя http-запрос на ардуину может запрашивать необходимую инфу или управлять GPIO. По такому принципу построен мой “умный дом” и пару лет уже работает, хоть я и не программист,а так, балуюсь иногда для души :smile:
Blynk мне понравился,но платить за него я не готов…

1 Like

@SerOv

If you can do everything on your own, if you know how to code, how to design, how to write apps, and have tons of free time, then of course you don’t need to pay for Blynk or use it. That would be a no-brainer for me.

You should benefit from services somehow in order to justify their usage.

Note: please use English if the thread is in English.

hi, is it possible to pay per year?

@Francisco_Diaz: yes, surely

I appreciate the hard work you guys put into this, and I definitely think you guys transition into a very big and lucrative business. I haven’t seen any other solutions that compete. By all means, I think it is worth every penny. I was just stating there should probably be some scaled down solution for the economically challenged.

Maybe a tiered price structure would be best. I am very excited with where I think this is going. I would be more than happy to share pictures and videos. I host the workshops twice a month at local libraries in areas with kids from disadvantaged communities and schools.

I am new to tutorials, but I would be happy to record some and document every step. It will help me career-wise anyway to be able to show something like that on LinkedIn or in an interview.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I appreciate the hard work you guys put into this, i think yearly subscription is good idea.but the cost should be affordable. 2.5$/m is too much for me to pay.:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Thats like 30 bucks a year. I think that is a fair price for the effective load of things you get control of with Blynk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m super glad you all are going to start charging. I really like using Blynk and I hope you all continue to grow. Personally, I’d love a $USD 20/year plan for Full Box.

For a free plan, I could see what others have suggested where there are like 3 auth codes, but multiple projects in the app. Free users also might not get the same SLA/performance as paid users.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks for being transparent about pricing!

1 Like

I would like to know the proposed costs of distributing completed apps?
For many ‘makers’ adding $20 per year to their low price projects for everyone that wants to use it will simply not work. Some projects are very cheap these days and adding $20 EVERY year to be able to use the project will not be accepted by end users. Users are used to having apps for free or a nominal one off payment. $20 per year is not nominal.
What are Blynk’s plans for distributing apps?

agree, such system’s must not be free, and 2,5 usd… sorry, guys it’s price of cup of coffee, if you developing something for you- you get free access, if you developing something for business (startup)- so, will you work for free in future? no, this people (developers) also need income.
However, only one what is not good- quantity of free project, limited to one, this could be a problem, because now you have a good feedback about lags and realized project’s - it’s free to try several hardware platform, and get some results. In case of limitation- developer will stack on polishing of one application, and payable customers will start to tell you " i pay- you must do it!"- it’s psychology, nothing more. My proposal is to allow at least 3 project, may be with limitation to Arduinio/Raspberry/ESP ( but not limited)

3 Likes

When I started looking for an app to control my project it was not easy. There was really only one that fit the bill, Blynk. I did find apps that were free (although they do not work like Blynk) and you know what I found? Outdated threads, no support, no updates. Blynk is a great product and solves a lot of issues for all of our projects. As has been stated before, no one works for free! Not to mention, if you want support and a continually evolving product, it will cost money because it takes time to develop it. I am sure the Blynk guys have given it lots of thought and they sure have always been willing to listen to their community. So, I can promise you, whatever they come up will be good for all.

Thanks

5 Likes

:yum: I think I was the first to develop and share a Blynked project on my blog and a link in forums here! Cheers!