Blynk.virtualWrite with timestamp parameter

Folks,

I’m using Blynk.virtualWrite to save data via an Arduino sketch. However, my source data becomes available in batches (of multiple rows), each row with a different timestamp and value.

Currently Blynk does not have the option to provide a timestamp for the data being written via virtualWrite.

Would it be possible to add an optional parameter of type timestamp to virtualWrite

Many Thanks

Blynk.virtualWrite(Vx, Value, timestamp);

Are you saying that the timestamp parameter is already available? If so under what version and platform did it become available?

You can use restAPI and json to decode and send data to csv.
https://restfulapi.net/introduction-to-json/

I think @hughbeardall is looking for a way to load historic data into the Blynk database, by providing the value and the date/time when it should be inserted.
This isn’t currently available.

It might be a feature that will be added in Blynk 2.0, but nobody knows yet (or at least those people that do know aren’t saying!).

Pete.

1 Like

Exactly Pete, thanks for your feedback.

Lets wait and see

Since now it is available- can someone please post a working code example? Preferably for uploading timestamp together with virtual pin historical values on Blynk app.
Being fairly new to coding I cannot make post method from documentation work on my esp32 (there is only single line example format).

Thanks