Blynk not working

On my MacBook Pro Arduino IDE V1.6.2 loaded the Blynk library (3.0)
I am using the original Arduino WiFi shield.
When I open file: example:Blynk:BoardsAndShields:Arduino_WiFi and replace ssid,pass and the Auth Token form my IPhone, I get a series of compile error codes:

In file included from C:/Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/blynk-library-0.3.0/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:18:0,
from /Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/blynk-library-0.3.0/BlynkSimpleEthernet.h:20,
from BlynkBlink.ino:51:
Etc. etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Was Blynk working for you before?
Could you share your code, please?

Have you removed everything in Blynk lib folder before moving new files to it?

It did not give these error code before, now it does. The LED never lighted up.
Maybe the Blynk library is not installed correctly?

Error code:

In file included from /Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFiCommon.h:18:0,
from /Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/blynk/BlynkSimpleWifi.h:22,
from Arduino_WiFi.ino:26:
/Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/blynk/BlynkApiArduino.h: In member function ‘void BlynkApi::processCmd(const void*, size_t)’:
/Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/blynk/BlynkApiArduino.h:94:82: note: #pragma message: Good! Analog pins can be referenced on this device by name.
#pragma message(“Good! Analog pins can be referenced on this device by name.”)
^

Sketch uses 13,836 bytes (42%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 486 bytes (23%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,562 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

I have deleted the Blink library, reinstalled the library, renamed to Blynk and I get this error message again:

In file included from /Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/BlynkSimpleCC3000.h:13:0,
from Arduino_WiFi.ino:2:
/Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/Adapters/BlynkCC3000.h:18:29: fatal error: Adafruit_CC3000.h: No such file or directory
#include <Adafruit_CC3000.h>
^
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.
WARNING: Category ‘Cloud’ in library Ospom is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’
WARNING: Category ‘Cloud’ in library Ospom is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’

The complete code: (the USB cable stays connected to the Arduino(+WiFi Shield)
( the included files: SP.h , Ethernet.h, and BlynkSimpleEthernet.h will not be copied correctly to the main screen)

define BLYNK_PRINT Serial // Enables Serial Monitor
include SPI.h>
include Ethernet.h>
nclude BlynkSimpleEthernet.h> // This part is for Ethernet stuff

char auth[] = “7751c3193b834ba6bbe37159e5da1650”; // Put your Auth Token here. (see Step 3 above)

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600); // See the connection status in Serial Monitor
Blynk.begin(auth); // Here your Arduino connects to the Blynk Cloud.
}

void loop()
{
Blynk.run(); // All the Blynk Magic happens here…

// You can inject your own code or combine it with other sketches.
// Check other examples on how to communicate with Blynk. Remember
// to avoid delay() function!
}

Error code:
In file included from /Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/Adapters/BlynkEthernet.h:18:0,
from /Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/BlynkSimpleEthernet.h:20,
from BlynkBlink.ino:51:
/Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/BlynkApiArduino.h: In member function ‘void BlynkApi::processCmd(const void*, size_t)’:
/Users/michielbleeker/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/BlynkApiArduino.h:94:82: note: #pragma message: Good! Analog pins can be referenced on this device by name.
#pragma message(“Good! Analog pins can be referenced on this device by name.”)
^

Sketch uses 20,206 bytes (62%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 642 bytes (31%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,406 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

will you please answer my last mail, thank you.

@Michiel

Why you using Ethernet sketch, while you have Wi-Fi shield? Use this sketch.

Hi, with Arduino/WifiShield connected I used the sketch you pointed at, but still the same error messages when compiling.
I installed newest Arduino software and your library on another computer, (Java installed) and showed the same error codes…

Well, in your messages I see warnings, but not errors. If IDE shows “Done compiling” - everything is ok.

OK Dmitriy, you are right, done compiling (Arduino_WiFi) is OK. In the serial monitor I get:

[[0] Connecting to H369A2627EA…
[15001] Blynk v0.3.0
[15001] Connecting to �loud.blynk.cc:8442
[24005] Connecting to �loud.blynk.cc:8442
[33009] Connecting to �loud.blynk.cc:8442
etc.

Then I made a button in Blynk app with pin to 9 and on the board a led to 9, pressing the button in the Blynk app, nothing happens…

You should get the
“Ready” message in Serial Monitor

Hi Dmitriy, I changed to the CC3000 shield, use another Arduino board and set the baudrate to 19200 and now it seems to work (now and than).

Yes I get that but it will not always work.

He guys, it works, thanks, good luck with further development!
Michiel

1 Like