Blynk not responding

I’ve been using Blynk for quite some time now and everything has been butter smooth.
I hadn’t used the app for about 3-4 months. Today when I got back to one of my old projects that were running on Blynk, I noticed that none of the buttons were responding. In fact, touching anywhere on the widget area doesn’t work.

Similarly, when I pause the project ( by tapping the little Play/Pause icon in the top right) and added more buttons, Blynk would let me add them, but I cannot move them around or edit them. The buttons just sit there. No amount of holding and tapping on them seems to do anything.

Blynk was showing that my board was online though. I went over and created a new project. The new project also had the same issue.

I’ve tried reinstalling the app, logging out and in again, cleared the app cache, removed app data and restarting my phone. The problem clearly seems to be on the app.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to resolve this? I really need this up and running ASAP.

Thank you

Okay so the issue is definetely in the lastest version of the app.
The latest version in my region is 2.27.6, with which I was having issues.
I downloaded version 2.27.2 apk file from the internet and it works just fine.

@BlynkAndroidDev Please look into it?

Try updating your library and reflash your devices.

@Gunner It isn’t about my devices… They seem to be working fine.
This is a bug in the latest release (2.27.6)
I fixed the issue by downgrading to version 2.27.2. Everything is working fine now,

1 Like

We will investigate the issue. Thanks for the report. Is it styled button widget or button widget?

@BlynkAndroidDev It’s everything… Buttons, styled buttons, any widget I try to use.
Currently running 2.27.2 and it fixed the problem. So there has to be a bug in the latest update - 2.27.6 I guess.
I’m using a Moto One Power FYI.

Android OS version?

@BlynkAndroidDev OS version 9. Build Number PPTS29.74-41-4

I’ve uploaded a bugfix to beta, to join it - open google play app and scroll it to the next section:

And join beta.

It contains logs for a possible cause of bug - so even if it work correctly, please send me the build, so I can check them. Thanks.

To send logs - open about screen from projects list screen and you will see a button to send the logs, please try gmail app in the share alert.

I somehow missed your 2nd post :blush:

1 Like

@BlynkAndroidDev I updated the app and it seems to be working fine. Thanks a ton for fixing the issue!
I sent the logs back too