Blynk Local Server crashes

Hi,
While I was preparing for teaching my students how to use Blynk local server, I followed the normal procedure of

• Updating Java JDK

• Downloading latest Blynk Server 0.23.2

• Updating Blynk libraries.

The problem is quite strange as I got massive PostgreSQL exception although I disabled the raw data logging in server.properties file

alt text

alt text

This is the first time to get such an error. Moreover, when I try to log in to admin page using username and password I provided, it reloads the same page.

hello wbadry, that is not server crush issue, actually in order to fix this error log you have to configure or install something like this… please refer to this resolved issue Blynk SQL "users" db error
perhaps this can help you out…

postgres host port address is not configure yet, if you want to fix it you can refer to that link. otherwise you just ignore it, local server will still run. check your blynk log and postgres log too.

Thanks,
The problem is PostgreSQL was not mandatory in the previous versions.

@wbadry it is not mandatory. You may ignore this error. I’ll fix it in next update.

@wbadry: Which server version you are using? The entry that I can see on uploaded shoot states: enable.raw.data.store=false but since quite some time the entry for db storage in server.properties file should be enable.raw.db.data.store=false. I don’t know if both entries are read by server the same way, @Dmitriy?

In 0.23.3 should be :

enable.db=true
enable.raw.db.data.store=true

enable.raw.data.store - is removed.

1 Like

so @wbadry needs to update his server.properties file as the server (as noted now) is up to date :slight_smile:
There were few changes to that file so @wbadry take a look at them.

1 Like

Those changes are for server that is not yet released.

@Dmitriy @marvin7 I tried to add

enable.db=false enable.raw.db.data.store=false

Still getting that error

SEVERE: Connection error: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "test" at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.doAuthentication(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:438) at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:222) at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:49) at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgConnection.<init>(PgConnection.java:194) at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:431) at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:247) at com.zaxxer.hikari.util.DriverDataSource.getConnection(DriverDataSource.java:95) at com.zaxxer.hikari.util.DriverDataSource.getConnection(DriverDataSource.java:101) at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newConnection(PoolBase.java:356) at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolBase.newPoolEntry(PoolBase.java:199) at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.createPoolEntry(HikariPool.java:444) at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.checkFailFast(HikariPool.java:515) at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.<init>(HikariPool.java:112) at com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource.<init>(HikariDataSource.java:72) at cc.blynk.server.db.DBManager.<init>(DBManager.java:78) at cc.blynk.server.db.DBManager.<init>(DBManager.java:51) at cc.blynk.server.Holder.<init>(Holder.java:113) at cc.blynk.server.launcher.ServerLauncher.start(ServerLauncher.java:71) at cc.blynk.server.launcher.ServerLauncher.main(ServerLauncher.java:65)

I inferred it is not implemented yet. Server works as expected but this error message is a bit nagging

@wbadry I just released new server version where this issue is fixed. Please check it - https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server/releases/tag/v0.23.3

1 Like

@Dmitriy yup it is fixed now. Thanks