Blynk IOTStack no data received

Installed blynk on RPi4 docker iotstack but not receiving any data from simple sketch on esp8266.

The same sketch works to my RPi2 blynk local server. I have changed the Auth and the ip 192.168.1.91

So have Blynk.config(auth, server, 9443);

I know that blynk is running in iotstack because I can log into the dashboard which shows the widgets on the app of my iphone.

Have I missed finishing off the configuration in iotstack or blynk, that is just something that you guys instinctively know but me at 70+ can’t get my head round? If some one could give me a clue that would be great.

My blynk local Rpi 2 server works well. I only installed blynk iotstack on Rpi 4 just to explore node-red and other cantainers. It all installed very easily up to the point outlined above.
Phil

I would have expected that to be 80 or 8080, but it depends on how you’ve configured your local server.

Pete.

Hi Pete
Thanks for the reply. This is where I’m out of my depth. I haven’t done any configuration on my IOTStack Blynk local server. I used 9443 on my RPi2 local server so thought it would be ok to do the same with my RPi4 local server. In /home/pi/IOTstack/docker-compose.yml I see the following

blynk_server:
build: ./services/blynk_server/.
container_name: blynk_server
restart: unless-stopped
ports:
- 8180:8080
- 8441:8441
- 9443:9443
volumes:
- ./volumes/blynk_server/data:/data

I though that the above would take care of the 9443

Phil

Have you tried 8080 in your sketch?

Pete.

Sorry Pete,
I should have said that I had tried 8080 in my last reply. Have just double checked and still no data using 8080. As I said earlier the exact same sketch works with my blynk local server on my rpi2. The only thing I changed was the Auth and the ip to my rpi4. I think that there is some configuration still to do in either docker IOTStack or blynk.
Thanks
Phil

When you say “no data” are you referring to Superchart data, or widgets are t updating?
Is the app showing your device as offline?

Pete.

Sorry for not making it clear. It doesn’t connect.
Phil

What does the serial output of your device show?

Pete.

SDK:2.2.2-dev(38a443e)/Core:2.7.1=20701000/lwIP:STABLE-2_1_2_RELEASE/glue:1.2-30-g92add50/BearSSL:5c771be
scandone
scandone
state: 0 -> 2 (b0)
state: 2 -> 3 (0)
state: 3 -> 5 (10)
add 0
aid 6
cnt

connected with Brindley2, channel 7
dhcp client start…
ip:192.168.1.66,mask:255.255.255.0,gw:192.168.1.1
pm open,type:2 0

Phil

Pete
I could change the sketch to send to my rpi2 and compare the output from that.

Phil

Strange looking output.
What does your code look like?

Pete.

Pete
I have just changed the sketch to send to my blynk loc server on my other rpi and found that it doesn’t work. Very sorry for giving you duff information. I think I can probably find the problem with the orginal setup and that may solve the problem
with the Docker IOTStack problem. So sorry for wasting your time. I will let you know how I get on.

Phil

1 Like

Hi Pete
The answer to the problem was Docker IOTStack Blynk needed 8180 to connect. Thank you for changing my focus on the problem. I had been going round in circles thinking that it couldn’t be something in the sketch. For anyone who wants to run a local server on a rpi then Docker IOTStack Blynk just does it!!! Plus all the other things like node-red etc.
Thank you for being there for me and so many many for of us!!!
Phil

Glad it’s sorted now.
Have you tried to set-up raw data storage yet? That was the thing that turned me off of the IOTStack/Docker approach as I couldn’t figure-ouT how to get that working.

Pete.

My comment about IOTStack was more to do with people who are using blynk cloud but would like to set up a local server but may feel it’s a step too far. I wanted a local server because I run my central heating via Blynk. I don’t trust the internet to not fall over in the middle of winter.
I looked at the instructions to set up a blynk local server quite a few times before trying and eventually suceeding in running my own blynk server. From this you can tell that raw data isn’t even on my horizon. What I’m trying to say is docker iotstack just installs!! There must be people who want run blynk locally but like me are not that confident. I blame The Guy with the Swiss Accent… Thats how I came to try it.
I like reading all about your setup here and in Spain but I’m several leagues down from where you are, but even so my small success give me great pleasure.

Phil

I currently use the Blynk cloud server, but obviously run an RPI server for Node-Red and Maoquitto. I recently tried IoTStack, but as Superchart data is important to me, I need raw data storage to work.
At the point when I came to install IoTStack Grahame (or Gra-Ham if you’re Swiss) the creator had gone MIA and the project had been forked and taken over by someone else.
That caused quite a few issues for me, and I’m not 100% sure that the final setup was working as it should.
I also like to use an RPI monitoring system called Webmin, which won’t run in a Docker container.
I also wanted to try HomeAssistant, but the IoTStack Docker HomeAssistant is severely crippled and is virtually unuseable.

As a result, I’ve gone for a non-dockerised install to test things out, but HA doesn’t seem to be what I’m looking for. I also ran into issue with the RPI4 HDD boot beta, and I think I’ll be scrapping my current test setup in favour of a the (now officially supported) RPI4 HDD boot, a conventional Blynk server with raw data storage, and Node-Red/Mosquitto running non-dockerised.

Pete.