Blynk IoT (new version) with Node-Red

@Pavel I hope that @gab.lau will be on your list of people invited to have free access to the Plus/PRO features of Blynk 2.0 ?

Pete.

1 Like

Do you mean HTTPS? Otherwise itā€™s not clear what ssl/tls protocol do you mean as we have few of them.

Probably a question for @gab.lau, but this might helpā€¦

27 Jun 22:21:37 - [info] Started flows
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] login -> ***************************9QwAM
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] SEND -> Cmd: HW_LOGIN, Id: 1, len: 32, data: "***************************9QwAM"
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] ## TLS state: open
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] RECV <- Cmd: RSP, Id: 1, responseCode: OK
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] Client logged
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] ## SET logged TRUE
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] SEND -> Cmd: INTERNAL, Id: 2, len: 125, data: "ver|1.0.0|h-beat|45|buff-in|32767|dev|node-red|con|blynk-tls|fw-type|TMPLSCn-V8qq|fw|0.2.0|build|2021-06-27|tmpl|TMPLSCn-V8qq"
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] ## TLS state: open
27 Jun 22:21:38 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] RECV <- Cmd: RSP, Id: 2, responseCode: OK
27 Jun 22:21:51 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] virtualWrite: -> ["vw","1","33"]
27 Jun 22:21:51 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] SEND -> Cmd: HW, Id: 3, len: 7, data: "vw|1|33"
27 Jun 22:21:51 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] ## TLS state: open
27 Jun 22:22:10 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] syncAll: -> all
27 Jun 22:22:10 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] SEND -> Cmd: HW_SYNC, Id: 4, len: 0, data: ""
27 Jun 22:22:10 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] ## TLS state: open
27 Jun 22:22:10 - [info] [blynk-iot-client:Blynk 2.0 test] RECV <- Multiple Command, num: 2
Cmd: HW, Id: 4, len: 9, data: "vw|1|33.0"
Cmd: HW, Id: 4, len: 6, data: "vw|3|0"

Pete.

Have the issues with using the Blynk addon for node-RED been resolved now for Blynk 2? As per Peterā€™s comment re basic testing, is it necessary to add any additional items to the node-RED flows to work with websockets or https? If so, what needs to be added please?

Hi @bobcroft itā€™s a new contrib called ā€œnode-red-contrib-blynk-iotā€.
The current version is 0.2.0 and Iā€™ve been using it without any issues.

Not all of the nodes currently work, but you should read the issues that I raised (both the open and closed ones) on the GitHub page for the contribā€¦

These will give you a better picture of what is and isnā€™t currently working.
Ive not experienced any problems with any of the working nodes, but Iā€™m running it on a separate Node-Red instance and a non-production environment just incase.

Pete.

Hi Peter, thank you for the rapid and extremely helpful reply. Iā€™ll go ahead now and sign up for Blynk Pro using my 50% discount offer. I was one of the early Blynk backers although until recently I havenā€™t had the chance to use Blynk much. Once I started using it it grew on me. I use my own local server at the moment but I am not bothered about having to use the ā€˜cloudā€™ Blynk server with V2.

1 Like

Do you need the Pro version, Node-Red makes it simple to reduce your device count.

Pete.

No, I donā€™t need the Pro version, I meant the Plus version as I want the additional widgets. I donā€™t the annual charge is bad for the Plus version.

1 Like

I have been using blynk-iot-in-write and blynk-iot-out-write nodes without any issues. Also had success getting notifications with Blynk 2.0. Are there any plans for blynk-iot-out-email node, similar to blynk-ws-out-email, or is there another option for notifications from node-red.

Thanks Paul

1 Like

I was able to use HTTP Request Node to receive notification.

It easy to send an email from node-red, without using Blynk

Pete

1 Like