Blynk for Beginners and help with your project

posting that list automatically could be a quick temporary solution.

hello!

please read the list above how to create a new topic, and open a new topic regarding your issue.

@Sergey1 go back to the thread you started, allocate a category and don’t post unfomatted code.

okay, i was faster :slight_smile:

could you please close this topic to disable posting non related stuff from new users? i do not have permission to do that.

Just here to say that, damn, I love this app! I’m just with very basics with programing and you made my life much easyier with what you made!

Thanks

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Hii I am very new to Blynk please help me

Hi, I think this is what do I need to turn on a wave maker for my aquarium, I have 1 doub, in this example uses an boolean variable named ONStatus and initializes it in “FALSE”, when this variable change the value to “TRUE” value?

What is this?

We are going to need a lot more info before we can offer a fix.

a doub!!!

Why it’s so hard to answere?

1 Like

Well either he has a doubloon (AKA a Spanish gold coin) and wants to get latest bitcoin exchange rates… or he is referring a variable in double() format… could go either way :stuck_out_tongue:

Darnit @Costas don’t bother trying to figure out the users confusing riddle and just give the answer 42 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jajaja
Sorry my bad english

Now I understand that you are playing around, thanks for the help!

1 Like

Yes, just joking a bit. But, if you can explain in more detail… or create your own topic and use your native language, that might be easier?

I think he means doubt. Would probably have been better to say he has “1 question”.

If you’d tried googling you would have found the answer in a matter of seconds.
Boolean variables can be true or false (no quotes, all lower case).
You can also use 1 and 0 instead of true or false,

This forum is for Blynk related questions. Yours is a basic C/C++ programming question and doesn’t need to be asked here.
If your coding knowledge is poor enough that you have to ask this question, and your inability to help yourself is such that you come here to ask the question rather than googling it, then you are likely to have many Blynk specific questions along the way. My advice would be to save up your ‘good will’ credits and use them wisely rather than asking basic programming questions here.

Pete.

2 Likes

Look @PeteKnight I apreciate your time for “answering” just was asking about: when in the code example the bool variable turned to TRUE state, I’m aware about a what a boolean variable is used for, despite your answere I was reading better the code and I got understood it. So if my questions bother you, you have the option of not answering or ignoring me, if this help you to live happy. The subjetc that I was write on it was named “Blynk for BEGINNERS and help with your project”. You are right about something, I have a lack of searching, apreciate you point it. Working on it!

Some times the beginners have made a mistake or asking obvious questions. Must to know it

Ok @Gunner going to do that. Thanks!

I think we all get a little happier in life with the ability to offer some constructive feedback… don’t take it personal :slight_smile:

Ok @Gunner I’ll take it in that way

HI ,I’m newbie to Blynk and I’m confused how to used it. We have this project using particle photon with blynk of course, we will be able to on the light using the slider widget. The idea is I can control the brightness of the light.Please help me.

Particle uses its own timer libraries, BlynkTimer (SimpleTimer) as used in the post you are referencing, will not work with the Particle sketches.

You can read about this here as well…

Check on the particle site for more information on their timer.

https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/intro/

1 Like

Apologies @AdrianStivalet. Based on your comments and after the-reading your question, I think I misunderstood your original question. I thought you were asking “If I initialise a variable as false, do I set it to true if I want the opposite condition”.
It appears that you were actually referring to existing code where a variable is initialised as false, but you couldn’t see where it was later changed to true.

I guess that you’ve now spotted that this is in one of the If statements in the code.

Pete.

1 Like