Blynk Edgent without SSL

Hello,
I’ve got a question for you.
I’m using esp32 with WiFi connection, Platformio and Blynk IoT Edgent with latest library.
I’m using Blynk Edgent so I have:
#include “BlynkEdgent.h”

BlynkEdgent.begin();

BlynkEdgent.run();

and my question is, how can I connect to blynk cloud by 80 or 8080 port not 443 cause it’s bloked for me???
I’ve read on forum that I just need to change #include <BlynkSimpleEsp32_SSL.h> to #include <BlynkSimpleEsp32.h> but I don’t have one in my code. After opening BlynkEdgent.h there is #include <BlynkSimpleEsp32_SSL.h> but even if I change it to #include <BlynkSimpleEsp32.h> it still connects by 443 port. :frowning:

It’s in BlynkEdgent.h, line 8

But line 108 of Settings.h defines the port as 443, so this may also need changing I guess.

Pete.

So, I changed line 8 in BlynkEdgent to BlynkSimpleEsp32.h and line 108 of Settings.h to port 80, but still nothing. It still connects by 443 port.

Have you re-provisioned the device? I believe they the port is stored in NVRAM.

Pete.

Yes, I have held BOOT button for 10sec and Serial monitor said resetting configuration, but it still connects by 443 port.

There’s one more line to change:

Change it to:

String port  = server.arg("port");

Erase flash, re-program, re-configure.

But, removing encryption is VERY insecure. Anyone with access to your network could issue a MITM attack and then overtake control over your devices. Just be warned…

1 Like

Thank you so much, after this change now it works.
I’m awarend of MITM attacts.