Blynk Cloud boolean datastream

Hi

I’m trying to create a boolean datastream in BlynkCloud then use it in SuperChart, but this does not appear to be possible. The datastream data types are Integer, String and Double. When I use Integer for a boolean variable in Superchart, I’m unable to get a 0 or 1 value to appear on the chart. If I try to set the min/max to 0/255 with flip = 127 it is still not working.

Having the ability to create a boolean data type would seem to resolve this problem, but it doesn’t appear to be possible.

Is this correct or am I missing something.

Cheers
Brian

You can use integer variable instead of boolean variable.

True, but the system appears to use averaging over time, so I can’t get a switching state (door open, door closed) indication.

In Superchart there is a binary option that I used to use very successfully with the original Blynk platform, but I’m unable to get it to work on the Blynk IOT platform, because I can’t send a boolean value to it.

Blynk will, by default, save one data point per minute. This is the average of all the values that have been sent to that datastream over the preceding one minute period.

You can override this by choosing “Save Raw Data” in the datastream advanced settings (if your subscription plan allows).

Blynk Legacy worked in exactly the same way, but there was no option to save the raw data values.

Pete.