Blynk 2.0 - Notifications are not working correctly

Have you tried to use automation ?
It’s much easier to use and no code required.

What do you think the significance of the Limit Period is? ….

Pete.

Hey Pete, do you agree i am still inside the Notifications limit from the picture below, pleae tell …

any way 1 hour limit means one notification after one hour, thats fine but when i selected 1 hour i got so many notifications in just 5:14 PM to 5:22 PM almost 50 of them, as you can see in the picture below

according to my selected time zone in blynk.console.

Now i changed the limit to 1 minute but still not having the notifications.

Try automation buddy.

John, i read that automation can expose the selected datastream to the user which is not required in my case thats why i am currently trying the hard coded notifications.
I am still trying to figure it out, thanks so much for the good suggestion though.

May I ask you what are you trying to do ?

why not, you can see in the pictures above i have made a temperature and humidity controller that was working full fledged, in the old Blynk platform but in the new Blynk platform things are a little different.

as per your suggestion, i have tried automations and that is working fine for the push notifications.

So if automation works perfectly, why to use logevent ? I know logevent is better but automation works fine as well.

i have already answered this question in my previous reply to you bro.

Notifications through Blynk.logEvent are still not coming … :neutral_face:

Looks like you’ve hit the daily event log limit for your device.

Pete.

Okay bro, there’s a cool trick you can try, I guess you gonna like it.
The trick is you can assign mp3 file to a specific notification using keywords, for example instead of you reading the notification " warning no sensor " your phone will speak it or make alert sounds etc…

Is it so … ? then i should have got any message at blynk.console or blynk.apps about limit reached.

another thing … if that is true how does the blynk.cloud count the notifications/logevents

1. does it count the number of notification/logevents being pushed from the “hardware”

2. or it counts according to the limit period selected by the user in blynk.console …

in the first case anyone can accidently if he/she has put the blynk.logEvent in the loop or inside any timer function with the small time interval… :thinking:

and in the second case i litterly got 50 notifications despite selecting the 1 hour limit in the limit period selection in blynk.console, why has it counted wrong as i put that line in 1 second timer during these tries.

Are you sure that’s how it works?

I think it’s a daily limit of events logged per device.

That’s probably one of the reasons that the limit is there.

Pete.

nope, not sure … but it is expected as the blynk.console shows some message when the widget or the user limit is reached.

sorry, but this answer is a bit different with respect to what was being asked in both questions in my previous reply, i have edited my previous reply in parts so that any one can understand what was being asked.

another thing … If it is true that i have hit the limit, it seems that i have to wait a whole day to check whether the Blynk.logEvent is working fine for me or not …

Whereas, the fault is still hiding behind the vague reasons … who knows after a day i again hit the limit (not sure yet) in a second or two like today it happended in just 8 minutes during i was not in front of my laptop and smartphone :thinking:

in the previous app this actions/fault was more often noticed by many of the users when the hardware device started to connect/disconnect again and again

any way, things are still not much clearer as many guys here went good with the notifications, i am feeling unlucky right now … :roll_eyes: