Blynk 2.0 not connected, web app updates though

I am trying to get my app connected on 2.0. It runs just fine in the legacy app. Although my web dashboard shows the board offline, the widgets update between phone and web dashboard. I am using a particle boron via cellular, have added the Template ID and Device name as well as having the correct auth token. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Thank you

That’s normal behaviour. The app and dashboard are both updating the Blynk server and these updates are being reflected across the app and dashboard.

What is your serial monitor showing?

Pete.

Pete, sorry I missed your reply.

Thanks for the explanation and it makes sense although it did not at first. For some reason :crazy_face:

The serial monitor showed cloud connected. However, now that the promotional period has ended, I guess I need to sign up as now the AUTH TOKEN shows invalid.
[192218] Invalid auth token

@mpo881 please send me your auth token here in private message or to dmitriy@blynk.cc I’ll check what that could be.

@Dmitriy I guess it could be. Thank you for the reply and I will certainly check that out. I will update the reply if/when I get it connected

@Dmitriy here is what I see in the console. I have confirmed that I have the correct auth token from my device.

/ _ )/ /_ _____  / /__
  / _  / / // / _ \/  '_/
 /____/_/\_, /_//_/_/\_\
        /___/ v1.0.0 on Particle

[53664] Connecting to blynk.cloud:80
[53945] <[1D|00|01|00|0E]blynk.cloud:80
[54270] >[00|00|01|00|09]
[54270] Invalid auth token
[71664] Connecting to blynk.cloud:80
[72113] <[1D|00|01|00|0E]blynk.cloud:80
[72425] >[00|00|01|00|09]
[72425] Invalid auth token
[89664] Connecting to blynk.cloud:80
[90134] <[1D|00|01|00|0E]blynk.cloud:80
[90436] >[00|00|01|00|09]
[90436] Invalid auth token

Have you actually clicked the little icon next to the Auth token in the web dashboard to copy it, then pasted it directly into your sketch?

Pete.

Correct and I have confirmed in the console that the auth token flashed to the board and the one that appears in my web dashboard are the same
Thank you

@PeteKnight I can DM the screen shots showing the auth token in both the console and in my dashboard if that helps for confirmation. Also, is there a way to refresh the auth token like in the legacy version. I cannot find any information on that when searching the docs.

@PeteKnight So what would cause the device to successfully connect to the cloud and then revert back to Invalid Auth Token after a very brief time?

I have no idea I’m afraid. Probably one for the Blynk guys.

Pete.

1 Like

Did you try connecting to the actual IP address instead of Blynk.cloud? I fixed a similar situation this way.

1 Like

@mpo881 please send me your auth token here in private message or to dmitriy@blynk.cc I’ll check what that could be.

Do you use some custom code for the connection management?

Resolved in private messages.

Was: Blynk.begin(“blynk.cloud:80”);
Should be: Blynk.begin(“token”);

1 Like