Blynk 2.0 and use of i2c in “loop”

Are there any issues with using i2c within the loop with Blynk.run? I will use i2c to capture a data byte from another arduino and send that data out on serial port (9600). All within void (loop)

Yes.

Pete.

Thank you Pete. I assume because i2c uses an interrupt. Any recommendations on a strategy. Need to receive a byte of data from a second arduino and send the data out on a serial port on the primary arduino (infrequent occurrence). This arduino
also has the Blynk code.

Can I use “ the Blynktimer to call a function that uses i2c without causing issues?

It depends.
If the function you call with BlynkTimer includes blocking while or delay commands then it will probably cause issues.

TBH it sounds as though your hardware architecture is far more complex than it needs to be.

Pete.

Pete, appreciate the feedback. After researching, I see many examples where BlynkTimer calls functions where SPI and short serial (9600) communication commands are called. I will experiment with SPI/serial/I2C. My intent is to integrate this fairly simple subtask task on the same arduino that I’m successfully using for Blynk (i.e. using BLYNK_WRITE commands to control home automation events).

But the question is, how many of these projects are actually successful, and result in long-term reliable projects?
Personally, I don’t think it’s very many.

Pete.