BLE nRF8001 Can't Connect

If you don’t see BLE widget, it means your device does not support it for some reason.
Your device is samsung galaxy note 3?
@BlynkAndroidDev, check this?

BLE is supported on Android 4.3 and later, and device has BLE feature, in other cases this widget would not be available.

It looks like he has samsung galaxy note 3. @Brummer, right?

Thanks,
I just found and understood that I have to add the BLE widget also to my project
Now I found the door to come in…

I will tell you my progress

1 Like

In case of problems - you could check also soon available new build - it has support for several ble in your projects, as old app’s versions had restrictions for only one ble and one bluetooth widgets for all projects.

Or in case of problems you could check build and how to send log info here: Blynk with BLE - so it would help us to understand if smth would go wrong

Sorry but more questions
Now I can connect with in the “BLE Settings” “Connect BLE device”
My device is recognized and I get the message “connected”
Great

BUT
when I push the play button in the upper right corner than I get the message again “Device not connectd”

BUT
When I try to add may project as a widget on my smart phone
I will see the “Add Button Widget” which will cost me 100 of energy
But I can not add it
it allays disappears and I do not know why

Any ideas ?

“Widgets from projects with BLE or Bluetooth are not permitted for Home Screen widgets.” - this notice should be shown on every scroll to projects with ble/bluetooth in Home Screen widgets selection screen, and their widgets are not available for selection.

About play press and message about ‘not connected device’ - seems it’s a wrong notices, maybe due use of not ble/bluetooth connection type in project’s devices (how many devices are there?). we are reworking ble/bluetooth model in case of multi-device support, soon it would be more understandable.

1 Like

It works :heart_eyes:
Thank you all for your great support.

To summarize the solution if using RedBear blend micro:

additional to the buttons there must be an additional widget named “BLE” which should be connected while the blynk project is not in “play” mode
the error massage “device offline” when pressing the play button is a wrong message
The widgets are not usable at the home screen while using BLE
it stays connected and it works.

Not so easy than promised.
It takes more than one minute
But now I understood and I am curious on my next projects.

Thank you all again

1 Like

@Brummer, next time it will take a minute :wink:

1 Like

I played a little with my project and observed, that BLE is disconnected every time when my smartphone switches off it´s display.
After that I have to stop the running Blynk project to re connect BLE
Is there any option for auto (re) connecting ?

Please use latest library version:

1 Like

Hi,
I just tested the new released library,
It works together with my red bear

But there is still the issue that it loses the connection when the display of my smartphone switches of.
And it does not reconnect automatic.
If have to reconnect manual.
Is the any chance to improve this ?

@BlynkAndroidDev, will check this case for future release,

Seems it is a bug of the app, as it should reconnect on resume - I’ll check and maybe fix it for a next release.

Added a small wiki article:
https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-library/wiki/Bluetooth

We have fixed such issues for ble and bluetooth - check next release build.
Also you could check now build by next link: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life
If the issue will still arise - you could make a long click press on app’s screen title to open log share dialog and send me the generated log through gmail app to alexkipar@gmail.com

1 Like

Thank you.
I would like to test it but I do not like dropbox.
I do not have an account to it sorry.

There is no need in dropbox account, if it will ask you to authenticate - there would be a button like ‘No thanks, continue to view’ .

In any case we have uploaded 2.0.5 build - you could update and check has your issue been fixed.

1 Like

@vshymanskyy please add to docs, not to wiki. Thanks

It will be added to docs later