Automatic scheduler. ESP-01 with 4 Time Input Widgets

I think it is the best to use 30000L on blynk server otherwise it floods timer.setInterval(30000L, avtivedoday);

@speed57 5000ms shouldn’t flood the server, even 50ms should be ok.

I tested on 2 different wifi’s and D1 mini’s both of them keep disconnecting from Blynk server.
I set timer in 2 minutes during this time it disconnected 3 times. I don’t know maybe it should work like this.

1 Like

Pretty sure the 5000ms will not be the reason for the disconnects.

There is problem at least a dozen reasons for ESP’s disconnecting.

Using the exact same sketch as above, the app repeatedly crashes shortly after starting. When I comment out the setProperty statement, it runs as designed. Seems to me there were comments back in November with same issue…not clear if it was ever resolved.

1 Like

@drewc228 Blynk for Beginners and help with your project

Here is a link to same issue from December: setProperty crashes Blynk app on iOS10

@drewc228 are you going to provide the required details to enable the matter to be resolved?

Ok, (more) details here:
Setup:

• Using the exact sketch from the above project “ESP-01 with Time Input Widgets”
  • App was downloaded to iPhone using above QR code
  • HW is Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266
  • IoS app is 2.5.6
  • Apple iPhone 5s is running iOS 10.0.1
  • Blynk library is 0.4.3
  • Using Blynk cloud server
    What happens: when starting Blynk app on iPhone, app crashes after 2-3 seconds. When restarted, same behavior. Searching community for similar issue, I came across this: http://community.blynk.cc/t/setproperty-crashes-blynk-app-on-ios10/8565/26?u=drewc228
    So I commented out the statement
    Blynk.setProperty(V3, “label”, displaycurrenttimepluswifi);
    and reran with no errors. I suspected something not working with setProperty and iOS/Blynk app.
    Thanks for your continued help with this great platform!
1 Like

@psoro Jose when you created the QR code do you know what version of the Blynk server you were using?

When I scanned the QR it “blew up” my Samsung S3.

Perhaps I should elaborate on the term “blew up” and just to add my S3 is a busy, low memory device.
Blynk app locked up and screen went black. Restarting the app showed that your project had been added to my dashboard. Not actually flashed your sketch yet as all my USB ports are busy at the moment.

Noticed one of my WeMos’ that was attached to my laptop when the QR code was scanned repeatedly showed invalid token in Serial Monitor. Checked the project and the local server, tokens matched despite the message in Serial Monitor.

Refreshed the token in the project and reflashed the Wemos, all fine now.

My understanding is that QR codes are server specific i.e. if you clone a project with server x.x.x and then try to run with server y.y.y it can create problems. Normally a refresh of tokens etc will fix the issue.

For reference my local server is 0.21.5.

Please try the latest iOS app version. There already was a fix with setProperty after 2.5.6

Hi Costas, the Blynk Server was 0.21.3 when I did the QR, I have updated the server right now to 0.21.5:
Please, check it and let me know if your Samsung works fine:

http://tinyurl.com/zvjwcxn

I can’t scan the QR, I don’t know why so I have to click on the link and it works as expected.

@psoro your new QR worked fine without a crash, thanks.

1 Like

Perfect Costas!!!
Just for your knowledge:
The new QR has been made using APP 2.6.0 and Local Server 2.21.5
I’m going to update the first post with this QR
Regards!

Not a good idea to mix and match, 2.6.0 requires 0.21.6.

A little bit confused right now:

@Dmitriy… please…

@psoro this is was very tiny release (few commits only), so I just put jar within same release tag. Fixed. Sorry for confusing.

1 Like

Eugene, thanks much! I updated iOS app to latest and refreshed QR…sketch with setProperties works as designed with no crashes.

@psoro see “matching” concept at New Android Release 2.6.0

Crazy dinner at home because of Blynk! :blush:

I have updated my server and everything should be fine right now.

QR updated

Thanks @Dmitriy and @Costas!!

1 Like