Arduino Uno+Esp8266 with acess point

Hi guys
In my project I need to create a wifi network with ESP8266 connected to arduino, that is an access point. I saw a video on youtube, but the first part of the prompt does not work. Can someone help me please.

Not without more information… unfortunately my 6th sense is not that good…

Arduinos make lousy access points (as in they just don’t)… so I agree… some much needed info is missing here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What kind of arduino? Uno, mega, duo?

ESP standalone? Shield? 01-12?

How many GPIOs do you need? and for what?

What is supposed that the system will do?

What is supposed that Blynk will do in this system?

More info please.

Hi, thanks for the interest.

I’m using the arduino one + Esp8266 shield + blynks. I need to create the wifi network (access point) to send data from two sensors to the application Blynk, a pressure and an ultrasonic. The sensors connected to the Arduino. The blynk needs to connect to this network and display the sensor information.

Ok.
Do you know that this tool exists? (already configured your hardware) Simply change DHT11 read values with your sensors’ read procedures.

Will you use the server online or a local one?

For use Blynk Server you don’t need to create an access point… only connect the arduino to your wifi…

Hi, I know. But I need to create an access point, because the place I’m going to use does not have wifi. My question is how to create this access point with this configuration (Arduino + ESp8266 + Blynks)

Blynk is an IoT applications, so preferably runs over the internet. But how you get Internet and create an access point is up to you… not Blynk.

If you want to create a totally self contained Blynk network, then you can try something like a router (without internet, just WiFi to support the local network that your phone can connect to - for Blynk only) and a Raspberry Pi to run a Local Server.

https://github.com/blynkkk/blynk-server

If what @Gunner suggested not suits your needs (yet it should) then I’m not sure if we can help. It would be far ahead of that what Blynk offers itself. Although the library on which Blynk in ESP shield mode depends offers creating AP, how to handle it, how to integrate it with BLYNK, remains to discover. I’m not aware of such a discussion here, on forum.

You should read this topic if you want to use a standalone system:

or, as previously stated, use a regular local server and an old router to create your local Wi-Fi network.

Pete.