Arduino Nano using HM-10

@Eugene

Hi,

I’m trying for 2 days to connect my Iphone to my Arduino Nano using HM-10, and no way to connect them.

I find the HM-10 with LightBlue, but Blynk never find my Arduino.

In Blynk, should i use BLE or Bluetooth ?

I saw your topic with the blink Blynk code, it’s not working with me.

I have the right Token, but no idea of the baudrate i have to set, do you no how it,s possible to determine it ?

Thank you in advance.

Hello, I moved your post from that two year old topic of someone else’s, into your own current topic.

As the HM-10 is a BLE module, use BLE

Make sure you are using the latest Beta Version of the iOS App… But I think BT/BLE connectivity is apparently still a work in progress.

Typically 9600 BAUD as what you would use for SoftwareSerial… but you have not clarified what code you are using or how you have setup the physical connection between the Nano and the HM-10

@Gunner

Thank you for your fast answer and your help.

I’m using the version 2.26.0(9) which is the last available on AppStore.

I’m using this code :

And this Hard configuration found on internet.

Still not working … But do you think the BlynkSimpleSerialBLE library should be in orange ?

The colouring of keywords in the IDE have absolutely nothing to do with their operation.

Instead of screenshots of code, pease post code text (properly formatted) in the future, in case other need to copy it for testing.

Also, please change your AUTH to a new one, else someone will surly start messing with your project using your visible one. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea if Blynk has BLE working properly with iOS lately or not. Searching this forum shows lots of recent BT/BLE issues.

What, if anything, does your IDE Serial Monitor show?

Follow the link provided above and install the Beta version.

Is your HM-10 set to talk to your Arduino at 9600?
If not then you’ll never get it to work.

Pete.

Hi,

Yes it’s supposed to be at 9600, with VCC between 3.6 and 6 so i don’t know if i really need the resistors ?

Do you know if there is a other way to check ? I mean with an other IOS app or android app and a code ? In order to determine if the problem is between HM-10 and Arduino or between HM-10 and Blynk ?

Thank you in advance.

• When connecting the HM-10 to an Arduino nano, it is not necessary to use resistors.

• In case you want to debug BLE issues, the starting point is

#define BLYNK_PRINT Serial
    #define BLYNK_DEBUG

• In order to analyse problems with the HM-10 module, you can use my test program. It

• checks connection & auto-detects baudrate
  • show all kinds of information on the HM-10 module
  • switches off notification bit, necessary for Blynk
  • if you want to change the name of the module or the baud rate, you can uncomment some extra lines

See

Hi !

Thank you for your response, i will test that as soon as i find some time. It seems to be an interesting code :smiley:

Hello,

I just tried your .ino just with only change SoftwareSerial ble(10,11); because i’m using a Nano.

The only thing happening is the monitor which show “⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮lb⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮,⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮Fr⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮,⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮H⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮⸮0>⸮js⸮”

So i’m affraid something not working … :persevere:

You have your serial monitor set to the wrong baud rate.

Pete.