Arduino Ethernet rev.3

Whoa. Took me a bit to get the BlynkBlink example running but, Whoa, could not believe it, just turning that LED on and off. Amazing.

I’ll be glad when there are more tutorials about setting up widgets.

Nice, very nice.

We thought that a bit of exploration is cool :wink:

However, you are very right and tutorials are coming out soon!

Exploration is good, I now get much of the iPhone interface. Was very surprised that my Ethernet board worked as I thought I had to have an UNO plus an Ethernet shield

Blynk rocks. Thanks for bringing this to market.

Do you mind sharing your code? Until documentation gets posted it’s hard to know exactly how to format code for the Blynk

Below is the procedure used to turn the Arduino Ethernet board LED on/off from an iPhone. There was no coding involved at all except to add the auth token into the sketch. I hope this helps. The first time I did it I was drinking coffee but still on autopilot. So I went through the procedure, as described below, again, to check that it really worked. I hope I have not left out any steps.

Environment: iMac running 10.10.3; Arduino IDE 1.6.4; iPhone 5S IOS 8.3
Arduino Ethernet Board Rev3 without POE
Power to board is coming through Arduino USB-toSerial adapter
Connected to iMac with Arduino USB-toSerial adapter
Connected to Netgear switch with ethernet cable
Switch cat 5e-cabled to ATT router which uses DHCP to serve IP to Arduino board

a. iMac: Download blynk-library-0.2.1.zip

b. iMac, Arduino IDE: Sketch / Include Library / Add .ZIP Library (navigate to blynk-library-0.2.1.zip and choose it)

c. iMac Arduino IDE: File / Examples / Blynk / Getting Started / BlynkBlink

d. iPhone: Install Blynk; create account; login

e. iPhone: Play around with the Blynk environment to set up:
Project Settings (I email the auth token from here to myself)
Select Button Widget
Button Settings = SWITCH
OUTPUT = D9

f. iMac email, copy that ugly token

g. iMac Arduino IDE: paste token into sketch where it says "YourAuthToken”; don’t include an extra set of quotes

h. iMac Arduino IDE: (sketch compiled with no other changes); Set Board, Port, upload to board.

i. Open Arduino Serial Monitor (opening this does a board reset); Set to 9600. I get the following in the monitor:
[0] Blynk v0.2.1
[0] Getting IP…
[10042] My IP: 192.168.1.83
[10042] Connecting to cloud.blynk.cc:8442
[10327] Ready!

j. iPhone: put into execute mode(square; upper right is a toggle between square and triangle)

k. iPhone widget button now turns Arduino ethernet board LED on/off (response is very fast).

Also tried the Blynk Example PushData, to send something from Arduino back to iPhone (this one needed an additional library, SimpleTimer, which has a link in the sketch.