Arduino Atmega 1284, RN-XV WiFly Shield

Hi,
just downloaded the first app - very basic but looks great. Hope you will provide weekly updates from now on. Currently it seems you are not close to where I expected it to be.

One question though: I am not using a standard arduino but instead a selfe made pcb with an atmega1284 and arduino ide. You think your library will work with that too? If not, please make it happen""""""

So when are all the awesome widgets coming up?
Also do I need to assign PINs inside the app? I thought its possible to have a token per slider or button and do all the logic on arduino IDE. At least you showed that in your video.
Also, is it possible to have multiple windows/layouts for one control? (sliding to get to another menu)
Thx
thorsten

@currymuetze. Yes we will do regular updates to deliver all of the widgets.

I think we have good news for you - your custom atmega1284-based board will most probably work fine.
We have run Blynk on WildFire board, which has the same chip.
First, try connecting it to the server via Serial.
Besides that, let me know what exactly internet connectivity your custom platform has…

Thank you!

@currymuetze, how is it going?
Just wondering, if you had any success or failure?
Maybe we can provide more help.

Hi,
sorry, I was away for a few days. Finally had some time to try out a little today, but cant get it to work.
Problem already starts with finding the correct library for WiFly Shield.
Tried a little with WiflyHQ library.
See my code at the end.
So again about my hardware:

• atmega1284 with arduino IDE from Mighty
  • Wifly Board connected to Serial1
    Problem is that I do not even get it to compile correctly with arduino IDE.
    Maybe using wrong library?
    Or is my code incorrect? Guess both :wink:
    Also why dont you have ready example codes for wilfy? You offer that for quite a few other boards.
    However, maybe you could help me? Guess I need to get basic library setup done first before I can start with testing your app.

Thorsten

here my code:

#include <SPI.h>
#include <WiFlyHQ.h>
#include <BlynkSimpleWiFly.h>

WiFly wifly;
char auth[] = "YourAuthToken";
void setup()
{
  Serial1.begin(9600);
  wifly.begin(&Serial1, NULL);
  Blynk.begin(auth, "ssid", "pass");
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
} 

and here is compiler error message:

In file included from TEST_Blynk.ino:2:
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\WiFlyHQ/WiFlyHQ.h:78: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef const char prog_char'
c:/program files/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/lib/gcc/../../avr/include/avr/pgmspace.h:212: error: 'prog_char' has a previous declaration as 'typedef char prog_char'
In file included from D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:22,
                 from D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/BlynkSimpleWiFly.h:14,
                 from TEST_Blynk.ino:3:
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/BlynkApiArduino.h: In member function 'void BlynkApi<Proto>::processCmd(const void*, size_t)':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/BlynkApiArduino.h:124: error: 'INPUT_PULLUP' was not declared in this scope
In file included from D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/BlynkSimpleWiFly.h:14,
                 from TEST_Blynk.ino:3:
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: At global scope:
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:71: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'WiFlyClient' with no type
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:71: error: expected ';' before '*' token
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In constructor 'BlynkTransportWiFly::BlynkTransportWiFly()':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:30: error: class 'BlynkTransportWiFly' does not have any field named 'client'
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'void BlynkTransportWiFly::begin_domain(const char*, uint16_t)':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:34: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:35: error: type '<type error>' argument given to 'delete', expected pointer
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:36: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:36: error: expected type-specifier before 'WiFlyClient'
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:36: error: expected `;' before 'WiFlyClient'
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'void BlynkTransportWiFly::begin_addr(IPAddress, uint16_t)':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:40: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:41: error: type '<type error>' argument given to 'delete', expected pointer
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:43: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:43: error: expected type-specifier before 'WiFlyClient'
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:43: error: expected `;' before 'WiFlyClient'
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'bool BlynkTransportWiFly::connect()':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:47: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:49: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:55: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'void BlynkTransportWiFly::disconnect()':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:57: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'size_t BlynkTransportWiFly::read(void*, size_t)':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:60: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'size_t BlynkTransportWiFly::write(const void*, size_t)':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:63: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'void BlynkTransportWiFly::flush()':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:66: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'bool BlynkTransportWiFly::connected()':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:67: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'int BlynkTransportWiFly::available()':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:68: error: 'client' was not declared in this scope
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'void BlynkWiFly::begin(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, uint16_t)':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:90: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:91: error: expected primary-expression before '.' token
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h: In member function 'void BlynkWiFly::begin(const char*, const char*, const char*, IPAddress, uint16_t)':
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:104: error: expected unqualified-id before '.' token
D:\Arduino\1_05\libraries\Blynk/Adapters/BlynkWiFly.h:105: error: expected primary-expression before '.' token

Hey!

RN-XV WiFly is not supported yet, and I can’t put much efforts into investigating it (for now).
You can contact @StephR ( see his question Hardware supported by Blynk and my answer).
Maybe we could try working on it together.

I would recommend to start with serial connection to Blynk, as a simple way to check how it works.

Thanks.

oh…thats bad news.
When do you think will you start supporting it?

Can’t give any particular estimation for now, as I’m busy with other things.
AirBoard (we planned integration with) isn’t out yet.
Again, I have the RN-XV module and can provide some support for integrating it.
@StephR is also looking into this.