(Arduino 101 issue) Blynk 0.4.10 - BlynkFifo2.h:115:16: error: ‘r’ was not declared in this scope

I just tried to run the example Arduino_101_BLE that comes with the Blynk library on Arduino IDE 1.8.5 and got the error below when trying to compile. It compiles fine with 0.4.8.

The only think I’ve changed in the code was to put in my auth token.

Thanks for the help!
Patrick

Error message:

In file included from /home/pgardella/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/src/BlynkSimpleCurieBLE.h:24:0,
from /tmp/arduino_modified_sketch_613046/Arduino_101_BLE.ino:32:
/home/pgardella/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/src/utility/BlynkFifo2.h: In member function ‘T BlynkFifo<T, N>::peek()’:
/home/pgardella/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/src/utility/BlynkFifo2.h:115:16: error: ‘r’ was not declared in this scope
while (r == _w);
^
/home/pgardella/Arduino/libraries/Blynk/src/utility/BlynkFifo2.h:116:19: error: ‘r’ was not declared in this scope
return _b[r];
^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino 101.

Arduino 101 BLE has issues on Intel’s end… whatever issue you’re experiencing may be related.

You may also have library corruption… try clearing out ALL Blynk libraries and manually reinstalling them in your IDE.

Thanks for the response, Gunner.

But there are two problems with your response:

1. This is in compilation phase. It’s not gotten to the 101 itself, which does have BLE issues.
  2. This is example code which compiles fine on Blynk 0.4.8, but doesn’t on 0.4.10.

I did try what you suggested though:
I’ve uninstalled by removing the directory in the libraries folder and reinstalled 0.4.10 several times. 0.4.10 fails. 0.4.8 compiles and runs fine.

I should note that this fails on both computer I’ve tried it on (Mac and Ubuntu).

I’ve gotten it to work on 0.4.8 just fine. I’m reporting an issue with the 0.4.10 release.

Not really… the primary point was that there are issues at Intel’s end… thus, as mentioned in a few other 101 posts… there has been no sense in Blynk working toward resolutions on their end until the source end (Intel) is fixed.

You options, for what they are worth, may only be to revert back to the “working” 0.4.8 library… which still has reliability issues with that board anyhow, as I understand it, but at least will apparently compile.

Except when the bug is in the BlynkFifo2.h file, in the c602118 commit from four days ago. I just submitted a pull request with the fix over on Github.

Good idea :+1:… I am sure the busy developers appreciate the proactive help.