Append data for weekly, monthly and year records

Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a project that has virtual pin V5 output the number every second and this number keep adding up. I also has BLYNK_WRITE(V9) to reset that number at the end of the day using timer so at the start of a new day, that number will get back to zero.

What I would like before the reset run is accumulate that number for weekly, monthly and year record, please let me now how to archive that?

For example:

• Monday reading: 220
  • Tuesday reading: 33
    ==> Total reading: 220+33=253
  • Wednesday reading: 10
    ==> Total reading: 253+10=263
  • Weekly reading= Monday + Tuesday + … + Sunday
  • Monlthy reading
  • Yearly reading…

The logic would be something like this…

Decide which virtual pins are going to be use to hold your weekly, monthly and yearly running totals.
We’ll call these…

V10 = weekly
V11 = monthly
V12 = yearly

You’ll presumably already have global float variables that you’ll use to hold these running totals, we’ll assume that they are called weekly, monthly and yearly.

When your device reboots, you’ll want to get the last values from the Blynk server, so you’ll have a BLYNK_CONNECTED callback that has Blynk_syncVirtual commands for V10, V 11 & V12
These will cause the corresponding BLYNK_WRITE(vPin) callbacks to fire. One of those callbacks would look like this:

BLYNK_WRITE(V10)
{
  weekly = param.asFloat;
}

You’ll have similar ones for V11 and V12, and you now have the latest running totals from the Blynk server.

I’d abandon this idea, and instead use the RTC widget. Have variables to hold lastDayNumber, lastMonthNumber and LastYear. These can also be stored against virtual pins, and synchronised with the server at startup as described above.

Then have a timer that runs (maybe once every minute) that checks if the day number returned by the RTC widget is different to your lastDayNumber variable. If it is then you’ll check if the week number has also changed, and if the year number has changed as well.

Assuming that the week and year are the same then it’s just a case of calling a function which adds your current daily total to the weekly total, writes their result back to the virtual pin, resets the daily total and updates the lastDayNumber variable.

If the week has incremented then the weekly total will be added to the yearly total (assuming that you only want to increment this weekly); and of the year has changed then the annual total will be zeroed.
The corresponding virtual pins, running totals and lastMonthNumber/yearNumber variables will needs to be handled too.

Pete.

Thank you Pete for your input, I will try that and will let you know if I have any other issues.

Another quick questions, I had two of:

• BLYNK_WRITE(V1) {DataA = param.asInt()}

• BLYNK_WRITE(V2) {DataB = param.asInt()}

Each give the reading like 3.48 and 3.62. When adding those together using this:
Combine = (DataA + DataB);

Somehow, the output only show 6.00. What I noticed is any number after the decimal point (even with 0.9) never get add to the combine output, do you know why is that?

Thanks again for all your contribution.

Regards,
Key

You’re using asInt which returns an integer value. Integers are whole numbers with nothing after the decimal point.

If you read what I wrote earlier, you’ll see that I referred to the use of float variables and the param.asFloat function…

Pete.

Thank you for your quick response.
Now I can see the number after decimal point and the combine number for output read correctly.