Any script I try running at startup does not work

No not really. Just really want to use it as a development board for some home automation stuff and I figured I would use something “simpler” like Blynk before I dive into OpenHAB.

Try disabling the GUI with sudo raspi-config etc to see if that helps. Plus the service change I just posted in the other related thread.

So I am starting up with a fresh re-install of raspbian and I came across some possible issues. I downloaded node through Adafruit like the walk-through on this site.

Npm did not install with it. So I sudo apt-get install npm then sudo npm install -g npm && sudo npm install -g onoff && sudo npm install -g blynk-library

and got the warning:

gyp WARN EACCES user "root" does not have permission to access the dev dir "/root/.node-gyp/0.12.6"
gyp WARN EACCES attempting to reinstall using temporary dev dir "/usr/local/lib/node_modules/onoff/node_modules/epoll/.node-gyp"
make: Entering directory '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/onoff/node_modules/epoll/build'

just thought I would note that here and continue with trying toget blnk to run on startup.

@BigP0P5 can you please let me have the output from the following 2 commands:

cat /proc/cpuinfo
uname -a

I was working on a Pi Zero today and the forever-service didn’t appear to be working on reboot.
If you have app.js in /home/pi when you set up the service you can test it with:

node app.js

I realised I didn’t have the full path in the require statement for the blynk-library. Once I had corrected this everything was fine on a reboot. With the forever-service, unless you check the logs, the service will not be running on reboot if you have any errors in the js file. That is to say the service starts in /etc/rc.local but then stops.

The instructions at https://causeyourestuck.io/2016/04/30/run-node-js-script-startup/ are fine but they are missing a few sudo’s.

So a Model B Rev 2 512MB 000e with 4.4.26+ #915 and a PiZero v1.3 512MB 900093 with 4.4.21+ #911 both have node.js on bootup.