Android Open Beta. Version 2.27.2

Yes… not sure what I am looking for. Now it (the latest Beta App) doesn’t seem to want to display anything on my primary development emulator (NOX android 5.1.1) , In fact the Video Widget tends to lock up the App itself at times :frowning: The emulator is not setup for emailing logs, sorry.

But the Video Widget seems to function OK on my other phones and tablets… Still takes time to respond upon returning to App, but seems to return more often than not.

1 Like

:thinking:

07-028004

Yep, there are issues with video widget’s ANRs in some cases, according to google play’s log, I hoped to fix them with ExoPlayer RTSP solution, but it is still not released(

Alex

I have just realised that, with the WiFi connection, the notification does not occur when the push button widget is switched ON and also when one of my sensors is connected to my controller. A notification only occurs when the project comes online and goes offline

Using BLE however, the notification bar comes up indicating this that the sensor is connected and when the PB widget is switched on it also indicates this, but there is not sound or phone vibration in each case.

It seems the notification feature not working correctly.
Here my code for the PB widget:

BLYNK_WRITE(V11) //Button Widget is writing to pin V11
{
int pinData = param.asInt();

if(pinData==HIGH){

digitalWrite(D7, HIGH);
        Blynk.notify("The LED is ON"); 

}
    else
    digitalWrite(D7, LOW);

}

Heres my code snippet for the wind sensor detection notification

if(digitalRead(DetectPin2) == HIGH){ //To detect if the windsensor is connected to the weather station

if (WindsensorConnected == 0){                          //Setup windsensor only the first time after it is detected

WindsensorSetup();
        WindsensorState="Connected";                                  
        Serial.println("Windsensor is connected and setup is complete");    
        if(WindsensorConnected=1){
        Blynk.notify("The wind sensor is connected"); 

}

}

I have sent the log files as promised. Hope it helps.

Hello Alex

Is there a way to enable the RTC with BLE? Since the RTC will receive the time and date from the Blynk server, and since any device using Blynk has to be connected to Blynk servers regardless of their connection type (WiFi or BLE), would it be possible to enable the RTC for BLE? I have a program that works well with WiFi, i just need Blynk to send me the time on its server and ill be to use it on my hardware using this sketch example i adapted from github:

int Day, Month, Year, Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Weekday;

BlynkTimer timer;

void requestTime() {
Blynk.sendInternal(“rtc”, “sync”);
}

BLYNK_WRITE(InternalPinRTC) {
long t = param.asLong();
Serial.print("Unix time: ");
Serial.print(t);
Serial.println();

Seconds=Time.second(t);
Minutes=Time.minute(t);
Hours=Time.hour(t);
Day=Time.day(t);
Weekday=Time.weekday(t);
Month=Time.month(t);
Year=Time.year(t);
Serial.printlnf(“Date: %i-%i-%i \nTime: %i:%i:%i \nWeekday: %i”, Day, Month, Year, Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Weekday);

}

void setup()
{
// Debug console
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial1.begin(9600);
Blynk.begin(Serial1, auth);
Serial.println(“Testing time and date capability via BLE”);
timer.setInterval(1000L, requestTime);
}

void loop()
{
Blynk.run();
timer.run();

}

I merely want to take the time and date information and send it to my hardware. Is there an alternative method to do this that does exist if the RTC is not applicable for a BLE connection?

New 2.27.2 build soon be available on Google Play in release and beta. Changes from the latest build:

• support in Menu widget for one item via set property command
  • better text size for Tabs widget and action bar’s title - they should look better on tablets now or any other huge screen devices
1 Like

In new beta build, that will be available in several hours, there is support for Blynk.sendInternal(“rtc”, “sync”) for BLE/BT connection, but it hasn’t been tested well.

2 Likes

I just installed the beta for the first time… to try out the singular menu item fix

My tabs are now all blank (as if they have black text labels)
in design mode I see color selections for the tabs and text has a green dot but I cant select any colors in that area (color/text/active text/underscore)

Android 8.1

when menu is set to zero (showing hint) and there is one item in the menu list, we need to be able to activate the picker to pick the single item.

Demonstration code:

BlynkParamAllocated items(10);
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V0,0); // force hint text to show
  items.add("A"); // only one item
  Blynk.setProperty(V0,"labels",items);  // picker cant be activated to select "A"

Yup! Mine are blank too! And I can’t change colours- colour picker not responding.

1 Like

Same issue :thinking:

Wow, is it today’s update?

1 Like

yes, 15 mn ago :wink:

Guys, please provide OS versions, I can not reproduce it on my devices.

Android 7.1 on noxplayer
Android 6.0 on my phone
colour picker not responding

1 Like

Bugfix build is uploaded, it should be available soon.

4 Likes

It’s ok for me :grin:

1 Like

Tab text is now working again on Android 8.1!
Thanks

1 Like

The tabs font is very big :sweat_smile:

It is ok for now, we made tabs text size to be like small font size in widget’s on all devices, so it would not be too small on tablet’s, for example.

2 Likes