AM2302 sensor (Failed to read from DHT sensor!)

I did try that but still no progress.

Man this is quite the struggle.

maybe you should first go back to the basics and simply attach a LED to the port and see if it lights up when you set it high. Preferably let it blink so you know for sure it works and both HIGH/LOW are good

edit: Marvin was so kind to work the above suggestion out for you in detail :smile:

Ok, I do have one hint for you (to identify correct pin):

Flash the simplest code to the board:

#define DHTPIN 4 //or any other CORRECT GPIO
void setup() {
  pinMode(DHTPIN, OUTPUT);     // Initialize the LED_BUILTIN pin as an output
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(DHTPIN, LOW);   // Turn the LED on (Note that LOW is the voltage level
                                    // but actually the LED is on; this is because 
                                    // it is active low on the ESP-01)
  delay(1000);                      // Wait for a second
  digitalWrite(DHTPIN, HIGH);  // Turn the LED off by making the voltage HIGH
  delay(1000);                      // Wait for two seconds (to demonstrate the active low LED)
} 

NOW! Get the multimeter, or a LED (any but NOT BLUE or WHITE) with 1k - 2k2 resistor IN SERIES, check the polarity and connect the cathode to GND, while the other end to output pins, one by one.
The correct one will flash with 50% duty cycle at 1 Hz.

You didn’t answered this question. You have chosen generic board - OK, but this might have different pin assignment than your specific board.

EDIT: @wolph42 suggested more or less the same, while I typed this :slight_smile: So we both suggest you : check your board and/or connections

Hello,
Successfully, I have resolved the issue. One thing to note is pin number on arduino is same as pin number on esp8266 thing dev board. I did try the same thing before but it failed to work earlier. But when I reset the board while code was running and plugged in the data wire in pin 4, it began to give me the values.