All my apps have vanished!

i created a second logon and all my apps on the original logon have vanished!

I assume that you’re using the Blynk cloud servers?

Did you create a new account, then after some time go back to your old account and you’re projects were missing?

If so then that’s probably because old accounts are purged after a period of inactivity, to free-up server space and to comply with GDPR requirements.

Pete.

only after a week? thats nuts
so all the apps that i bought energy for can vanish if not used for only a week… now i have to reflash basically everything to get things working again… whether it be cloud, cloud not tied to facebook account or local server. arrrgh.
i checked… created a new logon Tuesday… discover apps went poof Saturday morning… had no idea that paid for energy had such a sword of Damocles hanging over their head.

I’m, sorry, but it’s very difficult to have a conversation about the subject when I ask a question trying to establish more facts about the new and old accounts you’ve created and you respond with three posts that tell me nothing more.

Unused accounts are purged from the cloud server after 3+ months of inactivity.
You mention local server, but its not clear if you are, or ever have been using a local server.

Maybe you should take a step back and fill in the blanks, rather than adding more cryptic comments that just muddy the waters further.

Pete.

if you read all the replies i made before sending this one you would find the missing blanks…the answer is 4 days… 4 days of first making another account… being on that account with one mobile device and not switching back… and then switching back after 4 days and discovering all the apps and all the data gone. and yes… i spun up a local server to start the migration… controlled migration from the facebook connected account to something more controllable…

is that clear enough?

1 Like

another data point if you are willing to digest…
timeline…
always have been using the cloud service with an account connected to facebook. I should have scraped the facebook authentication early on but it was one of the main drivers behind creating the next account connected to my Gmail account…
logged onto that… experimented with the “cloning of apps” with the new second account and discovered that bought energy is left behind when this is done and shared apps will cost even more energy. decided at that point to create a third one for a local server. I want the ability to create and share without the financial scope creep.
built local server and logged into that to start development of the home security system. was on this third account for only a few days… I then had to travel and wanted to keep an eye on my other 2 apps on the cloud server. logged in and all were gone!
all the above events were in the space of less than a week.

I think that if you re-read those posts…

so all the apps that i bought energy for can vanish if not used for only a week… now i have to reflash basically everything to get things working again… whether it be cloud, cloud not tied to facebook account or local server. arrrgh.

i checked… created a new logon Tuesday… discover apps went poof Saturday morning…

had no idea that paid for energy had such a sword of Damocles hanging over their head.

Then read what you said in posts #7 and #8 you’ll see that the last two posts add considerably more useful detail to the picture.

I’d suggest that you send a PM to @Dmitriy with details of your original Facebook login account and Gmail login and ask him to investigate what has happened to these accounts. If you have emails from Blynk Despatcher detailing the Auth tokens for these accounts then include these, as they will be useful in tracking-down the accounts.

Pete.

"only after a week? " gave the period
“so all the apps that i bought energy for” to me would infer cloud…
and that was my first reply
but we made it here… thanks… i will PM him

1 Like

found the issue… it is all with the app.
it is all about the login with facebook feature. that feature still logs you in seemingly but the app retains the custom local server setting of a different login even though there is no way that your local server would or should honor facebook credentials. the result is no apps or data showing!

the custom server setting maybe should be on the home / login screen or cached or tied to the login somehow because right now it is independent of the login with facebook feature. I found this out by finding one of the old development ipads laying around here still had the apps on it with the data. Put that lil tri dot thingy under the giant blue box somewhere to select a server or make login with facebook assume blynk cloud and its fixed