[SOLVED] Add Shortcut to home screen does not work (with Samsung S8)

Team,
I am using Blynk App 2.15.2 on Samsung S8, Android 7.0.
By pressing “Add Shortcut” nothing happens …
– under the button it says: Your Launcher app may not support adding shortcuts, but this looks like a msg always displayed.
I use the default launcher TouchWiz, and tried Apex & Nova as well …

Thanks, Markus

It is most likely due to the launcher support as stated… out of all my devices tested (phones, tablets and emulators), only two older tablets allowed the shortcut.

It already worked for me on my samsung galaxy S7 : Android 7.0 with default launcher (Touchwiz), but now the button does nothing.

I’m on Blynk App version 2.16.0.

Is it an already known bug ?

Thanks, we’ll check

Do you see something in the case of a long click on the app’s icon in the launcher?

Yep, we found that not all launchers support installing and uninstalling of app’s shortcuts and we could not check that on Android earlier than 7.1. So we decided to show such message, just in case.

Please check your issue on the 2.16.1 build, it would be available to download today

I’ll check that as soon as my blink app will get the update. Thanks.

@BlynkAndroidDev, I’m using Android 7.1.1 with the last app update and the shortcut is not there…
My smartphone is the ZTE Axon 7
Before updating to Android 7.1.1 it was OK.

On Android 7.1 and later we show shortcuts as dynamic shortcuts, your launcher should support them - just make a long press on blynk’s app icon.

That’s how they could look:

Mmmm… This is really interesting, it seems my launcher WAS not as “cool” as the one in your picture, I have installed a new launcher and now everything is up and running!

Thanks @BlynkAndroidDev!

1 Like

I thought that any launcher, that works on Android 7.1 and later should support such feature. Good to know about such issues.

It seems ZTE is using their own launcher, nothing to do with the one I installed (Nova launcher). The “official” one doesn’t have this feature.

Problem solved. Thanks :slight_smile: