A guide for connecting esp8266 to arduino

Can anybody tell all the steps one has to do for connecting esp8266-01 with Arduino Nano
I have installed all the libraries necessary but cannot get both of them to communicate do I have to change firmware of esp or something pls help

http://help.blynk.cc/how-to-connect-different-hardware-with-blynk/arduino/esp8266-with-at-firmware

Thx

the firmware part was good but the guide site is not opening pls tell ow do i flash the firmware on esp8266

That can get tricker, and not something we really help with here as it is NOT Blynk specific at all… However, there are many instructional guides on the internet that you can easily Google for.

But… if you just purchased an ESP-01, and have NOT already tried uploading code to it from the Arduino IDE, then it will already have the needed AT firmware preinstalled… so nothing more to do to it except perhaps change the BAUD rate to 9600… again, Google for that, as it has been covered millions of times already :slight_smile:

From there on, you always program your sketches onto the Arduino as an Arduino in the IDE, not the ESP!!, as that becomes a simple Serial to WiFi adapter.

I have flashed esp-01 to latest firmware I can communicate with it but cannot get the blynk code running in Arduino to communicate with it i
It comes back with the error esp not responding

How? If by way of checking/programming it in AT mode (using a TTL-Serial adaptor??), then that is great… just make sure it is in 9600 BAUD mode and that is the best rate to use with Softserial on the Arduino side.

OK, that is a generic error from Blynk that basically says what it means. Now you need to run through all the usual Arduino to ESP as shield connection troubleshooting. Connection pinouts, power, coding, etc,…This is something you must search for in this forum as there are already many topics repeating themselves about it.

Search for keywords like ESP-01, shield, Arduino, UNO, and so on.

I have checked every thing after that I opened this topic I checked my connection used a 3.3 v regulator and just used the example code but no success

Yes using the ttl converter

After a long inspection I have found that Arduino Nano and the promini ( listed in the guide sent above ) have different tx and Rx pins . tx pin in Arduino Nano is 1 and in promini is 0

I finally found the error I had reversed the resistor divider

Can I delete this thread ?? If yes how

No… but I will mark it solved.