WIoT Weather Project

Hey guys… I just finished my weather forecast display unit. It pulls XML forecast data from the web to display a 7 day forecast + polls data from a TX unit outside my house using Blynk. It also allows my kids to ‘check in’ when they get home and I receive it on my phone and Pebble Time. Uses Blynk features such as Notifications, Bridge, Terminal, RTC, etc. Full write-up and details here: http://goo.gl/uPpK0q

5 Likes

Nice! In shared link youtube video not availbale because “This video is private”.

Doh! Sorry about that. Video is now public.

Wow! That’s a serious project with so many components involved! Love it. Thank you so much for sharing.

Really nice!! Next project for me :smile:

Just added a data pull from Accuweather to get migraine, arthritis & ashtma predictors. http://goo.gl/uPpK0q

Im in the middle of adding integration with my garage door monitor IoT unit… It will allow me to monitor both doors inside the house as well as open/close them. Will post back with changes.

Blynker’s, here’s the latest on my WIoT project. Full write-up at plastibots.com.

2 Likes

Yes, I had read about that on your site awhile ago… very nice! I need to get that display one of these days.

Also one of these days… I hope to show my Blinkified version of your well appreciated BT Bot Control… Well, by then it will probably be WiFi Bot Control, once I get some better hardware - USB link with a long trailing cable is not a valid option for my outdoor tracked robot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha… Thx. Yes, BT / WiFi Bot Control will be conceded at some pt by Blynk… Just need to get that video widget working and then I’m ready to recommend Blynk instead. I have yet to be able to get video streaming through my iOS Blynk and my Foscam’s… Just doesn’t support direct streaming. Seems Blynk faces the same challenge I did in BT/WiFi Bot Control with the lack of a simple video control. I’m surprised that Apple and Google don’t have a standard component for this… Maybe they do, but it wasn’t available to me for my Android apps with App Inventor.

1 Like