What's on the top on your wish list?

Thanks for the explanation!

Can you tell me, are the changes for direct connection required on the esp8266 side or the app side? App mostly, I think…?

1. hc-05 bluetooth arduino compatability. Would love it if i could use my phone as a serial monitor!
  2. being able to share or even sell the app with/to a large group of people
  3. Alerts coming on phone
  1. BLE is planned soon.
    Have you looked at Terminal Widget for serial output?
  2. This is the major feature we are currently working on. Selling is an interesting point
  3. Alerts = push notifications? If yes - it’s already available
1 Like

“Direct connection between blynk app and esp8266 running server without internet access.”

This would be awesome, it’s pretty much the only thing holding me back from using blynk almost exclusively. I use it a lot now of course, but i have several friends (and projects) that don’t have wifi access that i would love to introduce this to, especially now that you guys have sharing working.

Some sort of ‘default start’ mode for the app would be pretty cool too, eg, an overall settings page that lets you choose the default project and developer/user mode for it. That way you could just hit the icon and it opens and runs your selected project automagically.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work, can’t say enough how amazed i am by this program/library.

1. I cant wait! And i ll take a look for sure, today!
  2. Get a monetisation scheme going so you can make money of us. I’m sure everyone here feels you deserve it!
    Like webguy 16, I would also like to remind you that you guys are creating something totally awesome and you should be proud!

@tbm

You can do that with Virtual Pins.

For instance 1 gauge widget and 1 trend widget connected to different virtual pins can read the same physical pin on your board and display the same information.

Hi, i am new here. I am searching the net for viable IOT software solutions for my new home. I will make the hardware myself (Arduino and ESP)
I like Blynk’s graphics and i am sure many more nice options will follow. However i think the first and foremost important thing is that button/sliders but also leds and Gauges etc., should be made interactive so that they always represent the actual state of things. Regardless of the origin of the change. Which might be a second/third Blynk phone but also physical buttons. When opening the app or re-entering the wifi network the app should update itself . MQTT might play an important role here (no need to reinvent the wheel). I hope you guys have put this functionality high upon your to do lists.

1 Like

:watch:> Additionally I want a widget that would display color (RGB) and may be its color name reading/input from TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor.

1 Like

Multi-screen Projects either supporting scrolling vertically to eliminate the constraint of the current single page or to allow multiple pages (enabling switching between pages through swiping) linked to a single project and authentication code.

More widgets? Perhaps a smaller button widget although if the above (multiple pages) would be enabled I would care less about the size of the current buttons…

Allowing to set a scale (min and max value on the y-axis) when adding a histogram…

Keep up the good work

Thanks Bruno

3 Likes

Android home screen widgets. I don’t want to have to open the app to toggle a switch or see a value.

Hi, most controls from the project screen would be impossible to add to home screen widget, due to android limitations imposed on the home screen widgets development. At now moment i could expect that such controls as buttons and value display could be added, nothing more. But i’ll also need time to rethink ui for them.

working slider.

yep, just would like a working slider…

@Dave1829 could you please be more specific? Slider works fine for me. Any additional info would be nice.

very ‘jumpy’ and very hard to set specific value.

Could you please provide us with video? As it works really smoothly for me.

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

i just tried it again, and it is smooth and does to jump!?!?!

i can scroll it slow, and scroll it fast, wow! thank you! that was amazing…

Lol. We just did new deployment with some fixes. But I don’t think this is somehow related :grinning:. But anyway, if you see that something doesn’t work as expected - please tell us :sunglasses:.

+1 for RGB LED. This would be very useful for displaying multiple states. ie. Single LED widget to display Red/Alert, Yellow/Warn, Green/Safe

2 Likes

using tasker and RESTfull API you can do that

Hi Blynk Team, I would appreciate a full support for SIM800L on serial protocol.
In some situations (e.g. remote sites monitoring) the possibility to substitute a SIM800L module to the couple of an ESP8266 and a router is a fantastic solution.
Ciao,
Giancarlo