Video streaming outside home network

I can successfully stream video from my ip camera (Foscam 9900P) to blynk app as long as my blynk mobile app is in my home network (same network as IP camera). I use local IP addresses. But when I change to my public ip-address (router configured with port forwarding to the camera), it does not work with blynk. However, other mobile apps for ip cameras does work.

Does blynk support video streaming outside the network?
It this the right address to type in to URL address for the videostreaming:

rtsp://name:password@publicIPadress:88

Can blynk app pick up the public ip-address from DNS if I type in a DNS name as “publicIPadress” in the link above?

What ports do you have forwarded to your camera?

If you use a port scanning app on your phone, with your phone disconnected from your Wi-Fi network, what results do you get when you scan your external IP address?

Pete.

I have fw port 88 and 888.
Using the port scanning outside wifi, I get the same ports as above.

Does forwarding port 554 help at all?

If you use a browser, can you see the stream outside of Blynk?

Pete.

I fw port 554 and use rtsp://name:password@publicIPadress:554
Still no picture.

Can you see a stream in your browser, without using Blynk?
Until you get to that point then Blynk stands no chance of displaying the video.

Pete.

I don’t know exactly what to type in the browser. Anything starting with rtsp:// just ends in a Google search result.

In this thread:

@zetalif says that he’s successfully used this format for a Foscam camera:
http://Ipaddress:235/videostream.cgi?user=xxxx&pwd=xxxxx&resolution=320*240&rate=2

That’s a very different format from the one you’re using though.

Pete

Yes, that was an unusual URL.
Tried Android standard browser. It wants to open a video stream, but I get an error. Chrome and Opera just ends up in Google search result.

However, other Android apps successfully displays the video.

Edit: globalipadress:888 does something. Chrome gives an error with a xml file that it does not appear to have any style information associated with it.