Upgrading local Blynk looses Auth Token, board types & Virtual Pins (and issues with iOS App)

Do you have multiple devices on Android?

no - just one device per auth project. i have 6 projects, 2 x mega, 1 x wemos d1 r1, 3 x wemos d1 mini

hi @Dmitriy
just to help with trouble shooting :slight_smile:

I am using blynk local server 0.20.1 and I finally (manually) got the auth tokens changed to the correct ones. Also, in some cases the app lost the virtual pins settings as well for buttons etc, so I had to re-configured them manually too.

Once this was fixed the Android app showed correct hardware (once I changed it) but when I then went into IOS it defaulted to Arduino 101 - so IOS app was not picking up the hardware info from the server correctly [I only have 1 hardware per auth token].

Just a fews mins ago I updated to server 0.20.2 and found the auth tokens had changed again when I went back into the Android blynk app to some random number :frowning: , so I need to change them back again !

So something weird going on when upgrading local server and also when switching from Android to IOS app. Have you been able to re-produce this ?

No. This screnario should work if you don’t use multi devices.

any idea why would this be occuring on my setup ? everything was working fine until I upgraded to latet Android release and blynk server release

one further question :slight_smile:I have two files in my server directory:
mars@xxxx.com.Blynk.user
and
mars@xxxx.com.user

I assume the blynk server uses the first one i.e. “Blynk.user” and not the second one ?

I assume the blynk server uses the first one i.e. “Blynk.user” and not the second one ?

Correct.

Please try to create project from scratch. Does that help?

Problem could be also in widgets that are present in Android but not on iOS.

could be - but I not using any Android widgets that are not available in iOS. I get the feeling iOS has different hardware profile to Android and its getting all confused.

On the other issue of upgrading server and loosing Auth tokens is a weird one as well - any ideas on why that may be occuring

hi @Dmitriy, apologies for multiple notes - however I feel it would be of benefit if I provide you with further details on the issue.

Everything is working fine on local server 0.20.2 and latest Android app.

However, once I then log in on my IOS app (latest version), the Hardware selected on the IOS app appears as Arduino 101 NOT Arduino MEGA as selected on the Andoid App. Also, when I log into the IOS app I am now seeing that the widget virtual pins have gone - i.e. each widget has lost its Virtual pin assignment.

That’s correct. This is not yet implemented.

Bug. But we can’t reproduce it.

hi - is there someway I can help you find the issues ? can I send you (directmail) the blynk config file ? would that help ? or some other log file.

I can recommend for now to do not use Android + iPhone until iPhone will support multi devices. Catching issue may take a lot of time while it is simpler just to implement multi device on iPhone :).

I guess I’m stuck for now :frowning:
Would be nice if I was able to update auth token from within blynk server web page rather than work through files - any chance that little update will sneak in the future ? :wink:

Yes. We will release some day nice web dashboard.

just as an experiment - if I created two blynk dashboards each within their own usename account on the local server say: account1@gmail.com and account2@gmail.com and then I create different looking dashboard with one account having a different layout and maybe less widgets. If I then edit the files so they have the same auth token would they then keep in sync and work ? I’m trying to provide an experience where I can provide a simple dashboard for my wife and a more complex one for myself.

No. This is not supported.

hi Dmitry can you tell me how Blynk local server uses these two files below:

xxx@gmail.com.user
xxx@gmail.com.Blynk.user

I noticed the backup folder stores xxx@gmail.Blynk.user but the main data folder has both of the above.

I also noticed that just earlier my IOS app out of now-where would not display some sketches (and in some cases reverted to older ones). The way I fixed this was to copy a backup version of xxx@gmail.com.Blynk.user and place it in the data folder but I had to rename it to xxx@gmail.com.user for it to fix (leaving it with the .Blynk.user extension did not work) - thus my question.

Hello. Initial file format was u_USEREMAIL.user. However due to new feature - new format became USEREMAIL.APPNAME.user. Server itself should remove old format file after new one is created. Not sure why this no happened on your case. So correct one is with Blynk in name. You may remove other file.

thanks for quick response. :+1: