TUTORIAL: From (PI) Zero to Local Blynk Server:

Press Advanced and click Continue.

Admin page is not really interesting to secure, unless you want to access that from outside your own network.

@Lichtsignaal I want to access from outside of network is it possible?

Yes of course. You have to forward to appropriate ports on your Router to the server you are running it on.

@Costas, Iā€™m also getting the ā€œPrivacy errorā€ with my local server due to the SSL certificate. I understand why Iā€™m getting it but I havenā€™t found a way of disabling HTTPS for the admin page? Itā€™s probably the easiest way of bypassing this message and Iā€™ve only allowed local access to the admin page so I donā€™t mind running without SSL.

@ThatGuy_ZA just accept the privacy error, you can add an exception in your browser if you really want to.

Hi!

Thanks for sharing!

Iā€™ve been following your post and when I try to log into my accout. I use my server settings (local ip, public ip and no-ip address) and when I log (with everyone of above in server settings) it says: ā€œUser is not registered. Please also check if itā€™s not a GeoDNS issue.ā€

What can I do to fix this??

Thanks!

Have you created an account first before trying to log in (you canā€™t use an account login from another server)

So, I need to create an account in the app to log in the new server?

Yep. new account from app and selecting the server, itā€™s working now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not have a static IP
Question is it possible to run blynk as local server at my home network without having a static IP ?
Of cause I can not connect to my local server if I am outside my network

Yes it will all run on your LAN without internet access.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response
Shall I skip the step 10- Blynk App from 3G/4G and Create New Account ?
May I use my already existing account ?
What should I do instead ?

You can skip step 10 but your new Pi server doesnā€™t know anything about your accounts on Blynk servers around the world. So you will have to create a new account. You can clone projects from the Blynk server to your local server if you donā€™t want to create them again.

1 Like

I am a little confused. may be I am wrong with:
Question#1:
because I do not have an static IP address I entered my local IP address of the raspberry at step 10

Question#2:
must I add some informationā€™s to the following lines ?
And what to add ?

#address to bind to. by default bounded to all interfaces
listen.address=

#by default server uses embedded in jar cert to simplify local server installation.
#WARNNING DO NOT USE THIS CERTIFICATES ON PRODUCTION OR IN WHERE ENVIRNOMENTS REAL SECURITY REQUIRED.
#provide either full path to files either use '.' for specifying current directory. For instance "./myfile.crt"
server.ssl.cert=
server.ssl.key=
server.ssl.key.pass=

#by default System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir")/blynk used
data.folder=

I finally got it to run the server
but there is a warning and I do not know how to proceed with it.

pi@raspberrypi:~/Blynk $ java -jar server-0.26.2.jar -dataFolder /home/pi/Blynk Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: You have loaded library /tmp/libnetty-transport-native-epoll8349522589992915587.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
1 Like

@Brummer hello. What OS do you have and what java version on your raspberry?

I use the debian coming with pi 3

java version ā€œ1.8.0_65ā€
Javaā„¢ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17)
Java HotSpotā„¢ Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

Is it 64-bit or 32?

oh sorry I do not know how to find this out

Please try uname ā€“a or arch

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.9.28-v7+ #998 SMP Mon May 15 16:55:39 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ arch
armv7l