Tasker with blynk

wow that is amazing , now you opened all the android capabilities to work with Blynk.
Now actual automation is possible

Amazing! It would be awesome if you could write a some kind of tutorial or step-by-step guide. We would definitely share it with our Facebook and Twitter communities! + put to documentation when itā€™s ready.

2 Likes

@twobe
Hey tried to make a Tasker Plugin for Blynk today.

I compiled the .apk for you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1TgjClBPiA1d1A1SHJveVY3SGc/view?usp=sharing

ā€¦or you can compile it yourself.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1TgjClBPiA1VW1KaHRtWVVBWFU/view?usp=sharing

P.S: I only programmed with Java a little bit in school. So please consider that when looking through the code :smiley:

P.P.S: Only VirtualWrite works

1 Like

@smodu I will look at the plug in code when Iā€™m back home next week :wink:

@pavel I already started to write an instructable but donā€™t have the time to finish it this week. I will post a link to the forum when itā€™s ready

3 Likes

Has there been any progress on this tasker plugin?

I am currently using the tasker ssh plugin that connects to a VPS that then runs the python script to control my esp8266. It works, but it is slow and there are a lot things that can go wrong and stop if from functioning.

I tried using the send/expect plugin that @Smodu and @twobe were describing, but I could not get it to work.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Hi, we donā€™t even plan to do it. The only thing is made by community. You can search the forum

@priorguy What are your settings in the Send/Expect plugin? What data do you send? Have you tried the tasks I uploaded.
I donā€™t have the time to work on the tasker plugin at the moment.

Hi Blynkers!
Could you please be so kind to share step by step the way to use the plugin? Iā€™m really new with tasker but I love the idea to use it with Blynk.
Thanks is advance!!

@twobe, @Smodu ā€¦pleaseā€¦ Do you have any update for this matter?

Regards,

Create a new Task -> Click the plus sign -> Select ā€œPluginā€ -> Select ā€œBlynkTaskerPluginā€ -> Edit Plugin data (Pen Icon in the upper right corner) -> specify server and port (only needed if you use local server) -> enter your auth token and select the virtual pin you want to use -> click the save button and youā€™re done

Everything else (how to use tasker) is not specific to the Blynk plugin and is explained in a lot of tutorials you can find with google :wink:

Be aware that the Plugin isnā€™t a tested programm and there will be probably some bugs.

Many thanks @twobe !! I can see that the Virtual Pin selected can be ā€œtrueā€ or ā€œfalseā€. If I press ā€œTestā€ I can read ā€œSuccessā€ so I understand the configuration for the plugin is correct.

Iā€™ve done two tasks, one task to set ā€œtrueā€ a Virtual Pin 1 and other one to set ā€œfalseā€ same pin.
Iā€™ve added a Profile so (in theory) the Virtual Pin is set to ā€œtrueā€ when the Profile goes in and is set to ā€œfalseā€ when the Profile goes out.
Does it have sense for you or Iā€™m completely wrong?

How can I manage it at Blynk side?? :confused:

I wrote a tutorial for tasker :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @bobli,
I will try to use it as soon as possible. Many thanks for your time and effort. :heart_eyes:

Looks like something many people wanted!

2 Likes

Hi twobe,
Thank you for providing us with the tasker profiles. I have downloaded them and imported them in to my task list.
I have also updated the variable %BLYNK_AUTHTOKEN with my blynk projects auth token. Beyond this i am not sure how to get through. I have the trial version of the Send/Expect tasker plugin installed. Could you kindly explain what i need to change/do in order to digitalWrite D1 high?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Mewan

would you kindly tell us how you set up the send/expect plugin. Im having a little bit of trouble getting any of this to work. I even tried the JavaScript method mentioned by @twobe

Hey,
I donā€™t really have the time to explore this further, but I can tell you that digitalWrite wont work at all, it didnā€™t for me at least.
I donā€™t really know how to Import the .XML files into tasker, but you can use my plugin, it should work.

BTW did you try my python script? you just need to change the variables in the beginning and run it from the shell. It should then print out the payload.

@Pavel
there is something many user want it, not priority to have a tasker plugin yet?