Support for multiple devices

In theory yes, but in practice no. :slight_smile:
You are mixing 2 terms.

1. Blynk Project - interface made in Blynk app
  2. Exported app (e.g myPlant) - which is a project made with Blynk and then exported into a standalone app and published to app stores under your name ā€œAgupte Smart Lockā€ app

Blynk project can b shared with other people by scanning QR code. Owner of the project can refresh the code, so all the people will loose the access.

Exported app works differently. There are no roles supported yet.

@elgato @mikekgr @hernani.galindo @hammerandtongs @tzapulica @Thomas @Dave1829 @Costas @structure7 @speed57 @klg @Lichtsignaal @slimfetz @scropion86 @hkbristol Have you guys already tried multi devices? What do you think? Would like to hear your feedback.

@Dmitriy Iā€™ve been waiting for the bugs to be ironed out before moving to the multi device version of the app and library. Hopefully Iā€™ll upgrade in the next week or so.

1 Like

@Costas well, there are still some issues, but they are not critical.

@Dmitriy I wasnā€™t aware this was ready yet, but trying to work with it, I see I need my local server updated by you at your convenience. If it works good I will be upgrading my account.

@Dmitriy do you pop round and update local servers for Blynkers :slight_smile:

I pay for my server via blynk. So yes, Iā€™d say so

1 Like

@slimfetz is it local or Cloud based?

Cloud, moving to the larger business subscription with this update though. Was just using regular blynk app with their dedicated server waiting for this

This is easy. But noone will pay for it. So - no :slight_smile:.

1 Like

@Dimitry , I tried it on 2 D1 minis so far so good, no lags or bugs are detected, In a couple of days later I will try it on all my ESPs with physical button interrupt code for my home switches. So this feature, I have been waiting for a long time, awesome job :clap:

1 Like

Not tried. Still canā€™t see any reason for my set ups to different tokensā€¦

I have not run out of virtual pins yetā€¦ (into the 70ā€™s in the main ventilation project though :cold_sweat: )

1 Like

Dear Dmitriy,
the multi device BLYNK feature is very attractive and I will test it when my time permits so. These days I have lot to do for my work so it will take a couple of weeks to test it and I let you know!

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

1 Like

There are few main reasons :

• history data could be divided by devices and not by virtual pins. However it is not big game changer;
  • less load on your microcontroller. With same token every command from app goes to all hardware with same token;
  • you can change token only for 1 device and not for all at same time and others will be working;
  • you can use totally same sketches but only with different tokens;
    etc.
1 Like

Exactly, no use for me.
-I use thingspeak for history
-hardware is not a limitation (yet)
-probably useful for some
-I use virtual pins

@Dave1829 Thatā€™s fine. I just tagged all who were in this topic :slight_smile:.

Hi @Dmitriy,
Iā€™m just doing a small project with two ESPā€™s (ESP8266-1 and ESP8266-2) and I wanted to show data at ā€œHistory Graphā€ for both devices at the same time and the widget doesnā€™t allow thisā€¦ I must choose ESP8266-1 or ESP8266-2

You can find same issue with the ā€œNotification widgetā€ and the ā€œReal-time clockā€, if I use those widgets for the first device I canā€™t use them for the secondā€¦

@psoro Thanks. Correct. History graph need to be refactored in order to support multi devices. Notifications - will work for every device. And RTC need to be refactored too. We will fix this over a time.

Thanks @Dmitriy,
One more thing, It should be fine if the App shows the name of the device when is offline, not only ā€œone of your devices is offlineā€. At the moment I have only two at the same dashboard but I can imagine myself looking for the one offline through my houseā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Of course, currently it is working in a such way due to compatibility issues

1 Like