[Solved] Slider widget glitch/lag

Will check that later it is not that annoying (though I do HATE bugs), as now I’m trying to run anything (simple test sketch) on SIM900 with PIN-locked SIM. I waited looong for GSM support, and “here it is” :fireworks:

Hi Guys,

Can I chip in here as I have a similar problem but I don’t think it’s code at my side. Brave statement I know!!! The reason I say this I have the blynk app running identically on a Iphone and an android tablet. Problem is the slider works perfectly on iphone but on the android tablet keeps jumping to zero all of the time exactly @wiipro on here. It does this very randomly but constantly.

I am using an arduino R3 and W5100.

Any ideas as I am assuming it must be something in the Blynk app for android causing it, if it works fine on the iphone ?

Cheers

kev

:joy:

Do you have latest Android app version?

Interesting… here I thought this was a long term issue, and due to my USB-link speed or just too much in my project.

I have three sliders; Red, Green & Blue for manual colour adjustment of an RGB LED… They also change positions according to the values of a ZeRGBa widget.

All works just fine until I set the ZeRGBa to White (255, 255, 255)… each of the three sliders show the 255 as the value but all jump to the bottom, as if they were set to 0. This will also happen to individual sliders as well if value 255 is sent from sketch.

Doesn’t matter the Android version. App 2.12.0. Library 0.4.6. Server 0.23.2.

Hi Dimitry,

I am at work at the moment so can’t check but I can tell you I downloaded it from PLAY approx 2-3 weeks ago so would that be the latest ?

Cheers

kev

Just for info gunner my slider is set with a value from 1 to 30 so never send 255 if this helps#

Cheers

kev

It might still be an issue with max positioning, whatever the top range is. But I just never bothered asking about it… thought it was all me :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT - Brilliant suggestion @newdos… if I set my Blue slider MAX to 256 (even though the app will never send anything higher than 255) then it works normally. @Dmitriy - it seems has something to do with the scaling option for me… might be simular issue as well for @newdos

No not for me its a temp slider so usually set about mid position then it jumps to zero

good point gunner now I think about I did have it as defaults of 0 to 255 when I first set it up and it seemed to work fine. I assume this could be just a bug in the android side then ??? as Iphone is perfect. I will try this later today and report back. re you saying to set the range 0 to 256 to to test this or 0 to 255 ??

Cheers

kev

Assuming you have a virtual write command that sends a value to the slider in the range of 0-30, then In your case set the slider range to 0-31… and see what happens.

Or wait to see what @Dmitriy says :smiley:

Now that I think about it… the Level Widget had a similar issue (now solved) with how it displayed data based on the relation of incoming data and the MAX settings… it too would drop to 0, even if data said otherwise.

will try your suggestion anyway and also wait for what @Dmitriy says as well. Just checking on PLAY it looks like I have the latest version of the app installed on the android device as well.

Cheers

kev

PS my only slight concern is until recently I didn’t write to the slider at all and it still did it !!!

@newdos so you don’t do any writes to slider? Are you sure?

Hi @Dmitriy I do right to the slider, but if it was my code surely the slider on the Iphone would return to zero as well - and it doesn’t it works perfectly on the iphone ONLY on the android device does show this problem.

I have just tried what @Gunner suggested of increasing my scale from 1 to 30 to 1 to 31 and it made no difference still does it.

I’m stuck!!!

Cheers

kev

Bit more info for you @Dmitriy

Here are screenshots from my code of every occurrence of V29

I have even tried not calling the 2 voids in the red box which means the only calls to V29 is the sync call in the setup loop
and then the read from when the slider is moved on the app and it still does it!!!

Cheers

Kev

Ok. Thanks. We’ll check.

Cheers man appreciate it

Any joy with this yet @Dmitriy

cheers

Kev

Hi Guys,

Hate to say this but after update my android slider still returns to zero - ios one works fine - have I missed something here

@Dmitriy @Gunner

Cheers

kev

HI @Gunner,

Sorry here is the code in the proper thread and like I say what I don’t get is how does the ios slider work perfectly if it is a code issue ???

Cheers

kev

@newdos I don’t see any code.