[SOLVED] Local Blynk server and port forwarding

I currently have Blynk running on a Raspberry Pi B+ as a server. I can connect with the Android App on my local network just fine. But, I would like to be able to use the app when I’m away form my network. I have tried to forward ports 8441, 8442 and 8443 on my router but I am still not able to connect with my phone. Am I doing something wrong? I have many other ports forwarded for other things and they work without a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @amera64,
Did you change your IP from Local IP to Public IP at “Server Settings” in the APP?
Go to: http://www.whatismypublicip.com and you will know your Public IP

Thanks for your response, yes I did put my public IP in the custom section of the app.

I just went through this a few days ago. My mobile/cellular network provider is blocking traffic on 8443. I had to move the Blynk App port from 8443 to 8444.

That could be it. Thank you! I will try it and see.

Ok I tried to forward port 8444 external to internal port 8444 and my Blynk app still will not connect. Is there something else you did to get it to work? I must be missing something. I also edited the server.properties file to use 8444 for the app port.

You may try using port 443. That port is probably not blocked since it’s the RFC standard SSL port.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I did get it working by changing the app port to 8444 and also retyping in my public address. Apparently I must have had a typo in the address. Its hard to type the address on my phone because the android keyboard pops up in front of the address so I cant see what im typing.

A post was split to a new topic: Trying to figure out how to app port and change my address from local to public