[SOLVED] connecting Blynk and IFTTT

Have you tried a GET via a browser to:

http://blynk-cloud.com/token_here/update/D0?value=1

1 Like

Alright so i have connection but for some reason i can only write to Virtual pins ? Well i can write set D0 to 1 aswell but it does not turn my led on that is connected to D0 ? when i do a GET it is set to 1 but led isnt on

You should be using virtual pins for everything anyway. One command and you can control all 128 virtual pins plus all the digital pins. ESP on board LED’s are active low, have you tried a 0?

yes did that

when i put virtual pins on 1 etc i get LEDS in blynk to light up etc but when i put a Digital pin on a value display i keep getting LOW and i can’t get it on high.

It would be great if you could make a tutorial. I’d love to see how you did it.

1 Like

Hi, guys! I made an tutorial to IFTTT check it out: How to integrate Blynk and IFTTT (Google Assistant)
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried doing the Blynk Ifttt integration. I can control my Wemos d1 min ESP8266 via blynk and over the internet perfectly using the Blynk app, that works perfectly and to test it I use an LED between pin D8 and Ground. But! when i set up Webhooks (ex Maker) applet on IFTTT to control the same digital pin on my device it just results in resetting my Wemo d1 mjni ESP8266 (I van confirm it just resets when the webhooks URL string is send to it) for some reason. I Tried via HTTP web UI too directly sending commands to my Wemos from the blynk server but same issue… (I used the URL with thr blynk.com server an my country’s blynk server public WAN IP) but I get the same issue so its not an IFTTT issue but something to do with the way blynk talks to the pin on the Wemos when this action is not trigered via the Blynk app. How can it be that the blynk app works perfectly to control my Wemos ES8266 but the URL strings it sends don’t? What am i missing here?
These are the strings I used to test direct via the HTTP web UI and similarly the same 2nd string but without the “?value=1” at the end. BTW I also tried both ways with “0” value too and on the Wbhooks aplet, still the ESP8266 just resets :
http://blynk-cloud.com/46e43f25d6fa4d7ebxxxxxxxxxx/update/D08?value=1
And
http://139.59.206.133/46e43f25d6fa4d7xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/update/D8?value=1
I used this tutorial to do the blyink Ifttt integration BTW:How to integrate Blynk and IFTTT (Google Assistant)
HELP please 

@MrSpock your issue has been covered before. D8 is just a label that your MCU manufacturer added, it’s not real. Look up the pinout for MCU and change the D8 to the true GPIO number.

1 Like

Acording to this D8 is GPIO15, so i change nuber 8 to 15 @Costas and thats it right?

Yes that’s right but try to avoid using special pins like GPIO 15 until you have used up all the more regular pins.

1 Like

@Costas “regular” as in GPIOs 16, 01, 03 etc?

No, those are also special along with GPIO 0 and GPIO 2.

GPIO 4 and 5 are the first port of call for regular pins, then 13 and 14.

1 Like

It worked @Costas much obliged! It was as u said.
Thank you!

What makes pins regular or special?

If they are not special they are regular :slight_smile:

Special pins are used as part of the flashing process and the reset process etc. They can be used but sometimes you need an extra tweak in your sketch so avoid them until you run out of regular pins.

1 Like

Thank you @Costas for all of your help it all works now but ofcourse there is like a 2 to 3 sec lag from IFTTT but its cool.
Off topic slightly can u pls sugest where i can find more info on pinout, e.g. Arduino Pro Mini VS Arduino Uno pinout differences. And Uno VS Wemks ESP 8266 Pinout difrence amd finaly more info about the special pins in detail?

If you just Google the name of the MCU followed by pinout you will find all the details you require. They are effectively the datasheets without which you can’t use the MCU’s.

Arduino, Espressif and others all have very detailed schematic’s etc for their MCU’s.

The details for the special pins of the ESP is harder to locate as the information is scattered further afield on the internet. The datasheets for the various ESP’s mention the pins that have to be high or low during flashing / running and it’s the same for all ESP’s.

1 Like

Hello @Costas thank u for everithing.
Do you know how i can create a similar webhook but to control a virtual pin?

A post was split to a new topic: I set up applet and Web hook. But, can’t get the switch the led