(SOLVED) Small visual glitch in Level Bar on HD display

I was working on another issue when I noticed that on my Nexus 6 (1440 x 2560 pixels ~493 ppi pixel density) there is an obvious overrun on the Level Bar display.

Either at the top or bottom or the bar, and only when the MIN and/or MAX settings were lower than the incoming data value (e.g. data range is 0-1023 but MIN/MAX set for 10-1000).

NOTE: On a lower resolution display (800 x 1280 pixels ~189 ppi pixel density) everything looks fine. Not sure if issue is due to the resolution or the PPI.

1 Like

Thanks! We just published release with possible fix. Please let us know how it goes.

Sorry to report, but no change in 2.11.0. I even uninstalled and reinstalled App, just because it is quick to do and confirms solid update. Not a glaring issue, no panic :wink:

I just noticed something really strange that I can only assume is due to App 2.11.0 update… although I am almost certain it didn’t glitch until just now (e.g. I don’t recall seeing it when reporting yesterday that the update didn’t resolve the visual glitch in HD displays - but I could be simply mistaken :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

NOTE the “devices” shown are not the ones affected by previously mentioned visual glitch… this is something a bit related, but additional.

Basicly, any Level Bar that has a negative number placed in the MAX setting (e.g. MIN 0 & MAX -150) will not display the level value until it reaches 0, then the bar suddenly “fills”. Swapping axis doesn’t matter.

This is displaying correctly on both apps

The blue bar on the new App (right) is NOT displaying anything until the value reaches 0, then it will “fill” (as it should at that value)

I had first thought that I had somehow caused this glitch due to tweaking the sketch with a Blynk.config() change, as I was having strange overflows and whatnot (another issue for another day). But after reverting back to the original sketch and rebooting my Local Server, this little glitch remains. Removing and replacing the widget didn’t resolve anything.

I even made a new project and sketch just in case it was something in my old one. But the issue is still there - now showing on the HD display with the “bleed over” glitch as well.

App 2.11.0

And again, correct view on App 2.10.1

#include <BlynkSimpleStream.h>
#include <SimpleTimer.h>
SimpleTimer timer;
char auth[] = "ffb0457d0ea9497a881da62bbe544e89";

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(19200);  // To server (via USB Link - batch file on PC).
  Blynk.begin(Serial, auth);  // Connect to Blynk - Local Server.
  timer.setInterval(500L, AnalogSensors);
}

void AnalogSensors()
{
  int val = map(analogRead(2), 0, 1023, -150, 150); // Mapped from POT
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V28, val);  // Mapped sensor simulation value
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V26, val);  // Upper Bar (MIN 0  MAX 150)
  Blynk.virtualWrite(V27, val);  // Lower Bar (MIN 0  MAX -150  Flipped Axis)
}

void loop()
{
  Blynk.run();
  timer.run();
}

After App ver 2.12.0, secondary glitch in Level Widget (where it was not showing negative numbers when set accordingly in MAX) is confirmed fixed!! :+1:

And Video Widget working without patch, separate issue, but I am happily reporting that here as well :smiley:

Primary issue of “bleed over” on HD screen in Level Widget (possibly also related to Min Max settings) is still present, but not operationally critical and may be limited to only specific phones anyhow. I only have the one HD phone to test, so I can’t say for certain.

1 Like

The issue from the very first post in this thread is still reproducing on your phone? Hm(

All fixed now with App 2.12.2 :+1: