Segmented Switch will not stick [SOLVED]

Hello all,

I’m not sure if this is a problem with my setup or a glitch in Blynk. I suppose that depends on how many others have the same trouble.:grin:

I have a system that seems to be running really well (well… apart from this issue). I generate and report lots of stuff back to my server and that is reflected in the app as expected

However, I have been trying out a segmented switch and when I add the widget to my Samsung Android tablet and put in a version of Gunners code from Segmented Switch how it works
onto the Arduino UNO, it all works fine. The trouble is that when my tablet powers down and then I log it on again, the widget is gone. It doesn’t seem to be sticking in my Blynk app like all the other widgets.

If I add the widget again, it works again… until the tablet shuts down again.

Is this because I use a local server? What can I do to start tracking down the issue. I have found that a bit of sticky tape didn’t keep the widget in place:wink: .

I am using an Arduino UNO with an ethernet shield for what it is worth. That part seems to be working fine.

My server sits on a Raspberry Pi.

My Blynk app is running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (the little one) android.

It seems the version of the server on your RPi not supports Segmented Switch, so you need to update it to the latest version.

I thought it was the latest version. I only built it last week. I’ll see if I can find a better version. Any hints on a location for the bleeding edge version? I suppose it is in GIT somewhere.

By the way, I left the Blynk app for a few minutes to check e-mail. When I went back the widget had gone again.

Your suggestion sounds like a good one. I’ll give it a go in a short while. Kids are coming home from school right now so I have to leave the machines for a little while.

Taa.

Thanks Gunner.

I had installed this version… BUT I didn’t update the version number in rc.local

It should be running the latest version now. I’ll let you all know if it fixes the problem.

Of interest, I am having troubles getting my SuperChart to stick with my MAX/MIN values but I can put up with that for now.

Taa

“I am having troubles getting my SuperChart to stick with my MAX/MIN values” - could you describe that more in another topic? had you checked all recent updates for the streams in SuperChart with different y-axis scale options?

This house is clean. :ghost:

Will do some investigation into MAX/MIN stickyness and report under another topic.

Thanks to all