Reset password

Could you please test if newly created account works fine?

I created a new account and it did not crash. My existing account still crashes.

Please provide me with your account.

My account is milesjunk@wernick.org.
Also, I tried to follow your instructions to get my local server working again, but I couldn’t make it connect to my existing account, although it did work if I created a new one. I used the following command. Is this wrong?..
java -jar server-0.13.2.jar -dataFolder /Users/mileswernick/Documents/Blynk/data

It’s fine. With account everything seems fine. Look like you just using wrong pass.

I gave up on this for a while after your last reply on this thread. You said that my account was fine - just a wrong password - but it’s not that simple. The app was crashing entirely on multiple devices - it did not give a wrong password message - it crashed before giving anything at all.

I put the project aside out of frustration, but picked it up again recently. I went back to using a local server, remade the project yet again, and it worked great for a while, but today with no explanation the server stopped responding. I don’t know how to revive it when it mysteriously dies like that.

So, I tried going back to my old account on your server. I couldn’t log in - it says my username/password is wrong - so I reset the password, responding to the email that I received. Using the new password that I just created, blynk says wrong username and password, which can’t be.

I really don’t know how to come up with a stable solution for my project, as both your server and my local one keep coming up with unexpected problems where I lose the entire project. It works great for a maybe a couple weeks, but then something mysteriously goes wrong, and I’m stuck.

Any suggestions? I think I would like to stick with a local server, but if it is going to mysteriously die, I don’t know how to proceed.

I see that there is a file in my local Blynk directory that appears to contain a description of the project. Can this be reconnected to an account so that I’m not recreating the project again?

Update - I tried again and got into my account on your server. But can you tell me what to do when my local one won’t respond? And can I re-associate the project specification file to an account on my local server, for which the account seems to be unresponsive?

One more thing - I just learned about Energy. It’s not a bad idea, and you guys obviously deserve to start making some money, but here’s one problem…I have only made one project in the entire time that I am using blynk, but I have had to remake it from scratch numerous times when my work was lost due to unsolved problems. I would like to create this single project once and just use it without further edits, but I can’t. For example, today my account on my local server stopped responding suddenly today, and now it tells me the password is wrong, which isn’t true. I decided to give up and just make a new local account, which works, but now it will apparently cost me to just rebuild the same project I already made many times before. That’s ok this once, but what will I do when it fails again?

You get the energy back if you recycle the widgets, so yo can build your dashboard many times with the same amount of energy.

@mnw it just seems that problem in server, but the true problem in iOS app. iOS has a bug with switching between local and cloud server. So all you describe with reset password is exactly that behaviour. It is already fixed, but we can’t release it quick because of so long Apple reviews :expressionless:.

Regarding “Local server stops” - I need more technical details - where from do you connect to it. When it stops working what exactly error do you see? What exceptions do you see in server logs at that moment? What version of server and app?

My account on Blynk local server that was established over a month ago has now stopped working. I tried to reset (via IoS) the password and was told that the userid was not recognized! So I attempted to create a new account (risking losing all of my work) and now receive an error saying “Network error occurred. Please check your connection.” This is over a network and RPI local server that has worked well in the past. Any ideas on how to proceed?

@drewc228 latest iOS app? @ashvetsov please advise.

Yes, just downloaded March 30 version on IoS. Was working on previous IoS version. On RPi, using Local Sever 0.13.3. Blynk IoS apps work well in cloud, so this is strange to suddenly stop working. Appreciate any pointers…

What exactly “stop working” in your case means?

@drewc228 you need to update server to latest one as well.

WARNING : Blynk is growing very quickly. And both apps and server constantly updated. In order to avoid problems during updates either turn off auto-update for Blynk app either update both local server and blynk app at same time to avoid possible migration issues.

Ok, this worked with latest local server (0.15.1) and is working with latest IoS app. Question: since I had to create a “new” account to get logged in, how can I access the apps I have created to date, to move them to this new account? Or, more generally, how to manage apps/versions across all of my accounts, local and cloud?

@drewc228 the latest server version is 0.15.3 (just updated docs :wink:). I recommend to install it.

We don’t support this. Cloud and local instance are absolutely not related.

Exactly what is “same” problem?

Lost password?
Lost energy?
Lost projects?
Are you on Local Server as he was? (in which case Blynk does not control local server - you do)
Reopened old topic instead of creating new one with details?

All of the above?