(SOLVED we think) Push notifications not received when blynk app is in sleep mode

What version of Android is on your Huawei P9 ?

android 6.0 and emui version 4.1.1

OK. So in the interest of the discipline of the art of elimination:

1. Uninstalled blynk app on my Huawei P9 and reinstalled. Result:
  • Notification received in run mode.

• Notification not received in sleep mode

2 My wife has a galaxy core prime android version 5.1.1. I have shared my project with her (yes I know that is dangerous but needs must when following the path of elimination).

• Notification received in run mode.
  • Notification is received in sleep mode

Iā€™ve checked my notification settings for Blynk app on my phone and it is all set to receive in priority mode OK.

Iā€™ve googled the issue and found a number of posts - all without resolution.

My conclusion. Itā€™s either my phoneā€™s settings and/or the Huawei implementation of android. Blynk implementation seems OK unless there a method quirk that needs to be different for my circumstances. Anyone think of anything else?

By ā€œshareā€ here do you mean access to account (login with our acc and pass) or sharing feature?

No not as rash as giving her my login details :). Just sharing feature sending the link to the project.

Hi all.
Topic has seemed to have gone to sleep.
I still have the issue here. Still no joy. My Android on ver 6.0 is not receiving notifications at all now either in sleep or active mode. It was receiving in active mode but neither mode is working now.
My wifeā€™s Android 5.1.1 phone is receiving notifications in sleep and active mode. I have them side by side :). No change there regarding wife husband communication :slight_smile:
My phone is fine with WhatsApp notifications in both sleep and active mode.
Iā€™ve checked my settings for the blynk and WhatsApp apps and they are exactly the same for notification.
Any thoughts guys?

Can anyone help me with this please or is it just one of those things that wonā€™t work on my android 6 phone.

Can anyone else test the notification function on an android 6 phone and let me know if it works or not?

Better still test it on a Huawei p9 lite running android 6.0?
@Gunner @Dmitriy @BlynkAndroidDev

Well here is a stab in the darkā€¦ I Googled your phone, along with the reference ā€œbackground appsā€ and did find out that there is a ā€œfeatureā€ on your phone wherein you can assign a protected option to an app, which should allow it to run in the background. Try it out.

A good stab in the dark. And thanks for trying. Tried it but still no joy. The issue seems to be worse now as the phone is not picking up notification either in sleep or active mode as noted above. So whatever it is itā€™s now not a problem with the original observation of sleep mode. My wifeā€™s phone is not here at the moment so I canā€™t check if she received the notification in the test I have just done. She was able to in previous test as noted above.

Any further investigation will be welcome @Dmitriy and @BlynkAndroidDev

Thanks.

That Huawei P9 is causing you some griefā€¦ I think it is time for a new phone :stuck_out_tongue:

PS not implying anything against youā€¦ rather against the phone, it is clearly beingā€¦ difficultā€¦

1 Like

We are working currently on a new release. After it Iā€™ll provide you with a logging build, so we could check is the notification arriving at your device or not.

Hi @Dmitriy @BlynkAndroidDev @Gunner
Put testing on hold
Itā€™s working now.
I was playing around with my Wemos D1 mini. Hooked my misbehaved phone onto the Wemos AP to configure the Wemos. When I came back onto my wireless I got a notification. Now I get notifications in sleep and active mode. Strange but true. Maybe Gunnerā€™s shot in the dark worked but I needed to reattach to the wireless. Who knows - I donā€™t. Ask no questions and you will be told no lies.

Solved I think.

2 Likes

Just for reference sake, iPhone 7+ notifications for Blynk. Settings/ Notifications/ Blynk/ Allow Notifications. and some options with that.