New Android Release 2.4.0-2.5.0

Home screen widgets not supported for local servers.

1 Like

That explains, thanks :slight_smile:

Use the other version @Lichtsignaal

@Dmitriy, is it planned?

@Dmitriy looks like setProperty for widget labels is not working with the device selector on Android.

Low priority.

Yes.

Looks like, this issue still persistsā€¦

In my use case:
In the Menu Widget, thereā€™s an option to choose Device Selector as Target.

But the menu items donā€™t update with Device Selector, as Target.

Upon choosing a specific Device itself, menu items update as expected.

Used code:

BLYNK_WRITE(V0) {
  Blynk.setProperty(V11, "labels", "New Item 1", "New Item 2", "New Item 3");
}

I assign Virtual Pin V0 to a Button and the items update at Button Press

Choosing a specific device as Target: Works
Choosing Device Selector as Target: Doesnā€™t Work

What issue?

Items in the Menu Widget donā€™t update or respond to Blynk.setProperty(V11, "labels", "New Item 1", "New Item 2", "New Item 3");

In Menu Widget Settings:
Choosing a specific device as Target: Items get updated
Choosing Device Selector as Target: Items not getting updated

This is not supported.

So, with Menu Widget, the Menu items cannot be updated.

When we choose Device Selector as Target Device, I hope it is only for sending input to corresponding Target device? Is that correct?

When items cannot be updated, it defeats half the purpose of providing Device Selector as an option for Target Device. How useful is that?
Do you think support will be added?

Yeap. It is not supported.

Not item but widget property.

I currently have 22 items in my menu widget.
In my case, these items are electrical appliances.

Letā€™s say I sold 500 devices with Blynk App and users request me to add more appliances. If widget property can be updated via Device Sector. Iā€™ll add these appliances to my sketch and do an OTA update.

I might keeping adding appliances every few months.

But without widget property updation, Iā€™ll have to add the items and update the app itself on Google Play.

Ideally, we should be able to update widget property via Device Selector.

This case is covered by Blynk.Faces feature that is will be released very soon.

1 Like

Cool :slight_smile:

Now, Iā€™m testing functionality and stability. When do you think itā€™ll be available, for us to test?

Also, as per http://www.blynk.io/plans/

Blynk.Facesā„¢

Apps made with Blynk can support multiple interfaces inside a single app.

For example, you need to create a new layout for every new client. Or you have a line of products, but you need a single app to work with all of the products.

The description suggests more like, it supports different interfaces, meaning, we can even make changes in the arrangement of widgets & screen layouts itself.

It makes sense to make the Widget property, simply be made available with just the Device Selector itself, without including Blynk.Facesā„¢

As name suggests Blynk.Facesā„¢ gives us an impression, that the app can have multiple faces with different layout and arrangements

Your suggestion is correct. However, Faces will also allow to change projects for clients ā€œon the flyā€. At any moment.

Awesome :smiley: