New Android Release 1.16.4

Latest one is in github master. Those code for GPS will be released in 0.3.11 version.

Iā€™m getting an error on this compiling for Arduino Mega (GpsParam not declared).

Do we need to include some widget function like for RTC?

@Lichtsignaal you obviously need the GPS Stream widget.

I havenā€™t used the GpsParam but you will need the master branch of Blynk on your Mega.

I updated to the latest library, but what does the widget have to do with anything on the Mega? Itā€™s not aware of this, itā€™s not compiling, so I was wondering if it worked like the RTC widget (which you have to include in your code).

-edit-

Guess Iā€™ll wait for the 0.3.11 release ā€¦ I must say this is not really user friendly guys, releasing a non-working widget :frowning:

Thatā€™s mean you are not using latest library (from github master).

Widget is working. And in recent added doc there are 2 ways of working with it. If one doesnā€™t work you can try another one.

Evilā€¦ I just missed that library update, lol. It compiles now. Iā€™ll check out how it works tonight.

now people will be able to move there Robots without even touch the phone screen , just move the phone and accelerometer with Blynk will do that for you.

but i think that will need a lot of code twerks and trail and error.

I was thinking of making a gyro-stabilized camera platform of some sort. Or control a camera platform with your phone.

Iā€™m gonna hook some sh*t up tonight, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i hope we can see something similar , but with many jumper wires and geek looking device :grinning:

I would call it ā€œBlynker Restless Syndromeā€ :wink:
(Just kidding, LOL)
Give Blynk team a bit of time to update all docs, they are doing a lot of improvements in a really short time.

Kind regards!

That is a bit my issue. Maybe its better to fix up all missing and/or incomplete documentation before making more headway with new stuff. It makes it more accessible for new users too, which is really important. Iā€™ve seen it too many times on this forum, messages and questions which could have been avoided with some more info. Esp being the primary example and how to make a decent blynk sketch. E.g. the timer and short loop. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m trying the GPS stream now, like so:

BLYNK_WRITE(V32) {
  GpsParam gps(param);

// Print 6 decimal places for Lat, Lon
  terminal.print("Lat: ");
  terminal.println(gps.getLat(), 7);

terminal.print("Lon: ");
  terminal.println(gps.getLon(), 7);

// Print 2 decimal places for Alt, Speed
  terminal.print("Altitute: ");
  terminal.println(gps.getAltitude(), 2);

terminal.print("Speed: ");
  terminal.println(gps.getSpeed(), 2);

terminal.println();

terminal.flush();
}

But all I get is ā€œLat: 1.000000ā€ when I press V32 button. Any insights?

@Lichtsignaal is V32 a button or the pin assigned to the GPS Stream?

If it is a button I think you need to move the code to the GPS Stream function and sync when you press the button.

Yeah, was figuring that out right as we type. Itā€™s tied to the GPS widget now on V10. But I want to display the coords in my terminal so I added a button to do the terminal display on V32, but apparently the GpsParam is not global so it wonā€™t compile because of the missing declaration.

Yeah, it did the trick, it took a bit before GPS lock kicked in. Itā€™s displaying my coords now, nice!

One more question for @vshymanskyy how often does the GPS kick in to get the coordinates on what energy levels? I was wondering how accurate the readings will actually be and if I have to add some averages to get better accuracy using lower power.

Hardware done for test setup ā€¦

3 Likes

Video please!!! :pray:

i like the Lego

2 Likes

hi @Dmitriy

great updates as usual , i have a small question i have tested the Accelerometer and the output is showing as below , is the XYZ values are tab separated or what?
as in my browser i can see it like that ["-4.247314ļæ½-0.6991069ļæ½9.240421"]
and in node-red the output is like that ["-4.247314-0.69910699.240421"]

and which format shall i use it is it json as usual , as i didnā€™t tested it in any hardware because i never had the change to get servos and actuator to play with it , but now it is planned

There we go, well, the beginning is made, lol ā€¦

2 Likes